Jan 14, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Kimi Raikkonen is currently in the middle of his first official week of work at Ferrari since announcing his return to the team for the 2014 Formula One season.
The former World Champion (pictured, from 2009) arrived in Maranello yesterday for what the Scuderia says will be three days of work both with the team’s engineers and in the simulator.
“It’s good to be back at work,” Raikkonen told Ferrari’s website yesterday. “I began by getting used to all the new systems and procedures that we will use this year. From this point of view, the simulator is really very useful.
“It’s true there’s lots to do, but the workload is not much different to what it was in the past. For me, these days in Maranello are also an opportunity to be with the team and spend a bit more time with my many friends here.”
Raikkonen, who missed the final two races of the 2013 season in the United States and Brazil to undergo back surgery, had made a previous visit to Ferrari’s headquarters back in December to check in on the design of Ferrari’s 2014 machine. At that time, the team also confirmed that Antonio Spagnolo would be his race engineer in 2014.
Ferrari has yet to confirm their appearance at the upcoming first Formula One preseason test at Jerez de la Frontera, Spain (Jan. 28-31).
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 4
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 7
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 1
- Power on pole in Penske top-four sweep of St. Petersburg qualifying 1
- One spectator killed, others injured, at VLN Endurance event in Germany 4
- Hamilton delighted after claiming 40th career pole (VIDEO) 3