Jan 14, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Kyle Larson is having a busy month of January. The Chip Ganassi Racing rookie in NASCAR got in some road course testing in the CGR Ford Ecoboost Riley Daytona Prototype, returned to his day job in NASCAR for Preseason Thunder a week later, also in Daytona, and this week will be returning to his roots on the dirt in Tulsa, Okla.
Larson posted a photo on Tuesday of his Chili Bowl ride. The Chili Bowl is roughly the unofficial kickoff to a new oval racing season in North America, and it’s one of the rare dirt races Larson has yet to win.
Here’s the pic…
— MAJ1K Motorsports (@MAJ1KRacing) January 14, 2014
After Larson’s Chili Bowl run, he’ll be back in the CGR DP for the Rolex 24 at Daytona next week, with the race Jan. 25-26.
- Red Bull tweaks Mercedes over attempt to increase ‘Fuelgate’ punishment 2
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal 9
- Mercedes’ domination: Equivalent or different from Red Bull’s? 2
- Who is better off? 2013 vs 2014 F1 points comparison 0
- An anti-climactic race in China ahead of F1′s return to Europe 0
More from NASCAR America
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (11)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)