Jan 15, 2014, 9:26 AM EST
Part of the NASCAR preseason in January includes filming most of the ads you’ll see in the Daytona 500 and beyond for the 2014 Sprint Cup season. Coca-Cola, who produced the “Family Road Trip” ad in 2013, is back for an encore with the six Coca-Cola Racing “family of drivers.”
Several of the drivers – Danica Patrick, Joey Logano and Greg Biffle – posted picture updates to Twitter yesterday from the filming process. Patrick’s raised a stir, in particular, because it showed her Stewart-Haas Racing team boss and teammate Tony Stewart in a firesuit for the first time this year.
Here’s the evidence:
— Danica Patrick (@DanicaPatrick) January 14, 2014
Those four plus Ryan Newman and Denny Hamlin make up the Coca-Cola family of drivers. The official soft drink of NASCAR, Coca-Cola earned the NASCAR Marketing Achievement Award in 2013.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 1
- Kyle Busch says Toyota teams are “idiots” by not working close together 7
- Brian France: State of NASCAR is in a good place and getting better 2
- NASCAR Hall of Famer Dale Jarrett to join NASCAR coverage on NBC, NBCSN 4
- F1: Lotus releases images of its new Mercedes-powered E23 2
- NASCAR Media Tour begins today, but drivers still in idle 2
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. ponders a 24-hour NASCAR race 8