Jan 15, 2014, 9:26 AM EDT
Part of the NASCAR preseason in January includes filming most of the ads you’ll see in the Daytona 500 and beyond for the 2014 Sprint Cup season. Coca-Cola, who produced the “Family Road Trip” ad in 2013, is back for an encore with the six Coca-Cola Racing “family of drivers.”
Several of the drivers – Danica Patrick, Joey Logano and Greg Biffle – posted picture updates to Twitter yesterday from the filming process. Patrick’s raised a stir, in particular, because it showed her Stewart-Haas Racing team boss and teammate Tony Stewart in a firesuit for the first time this year.
Here’s the evidence:
— Danica Patrick (@DanicaPatrick) January 14, 2014
Those four plus Ryan Newman and Denny Hamlin make up the Coca-Cola family of drivers. The official soft drink of NASCAR, Coca-Cola earned the NASCAR Marketing Achievement Award in 2013.
Video from NASCAR America
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 3
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2