Jan 15, 2014, 9:26 AM EDT
Part of the NASCAR preseason in January includes filming most of the ads you’ll see in the Daytona 500 and beyond for the 2014 Sprint Cup season. Coca-Cola, who produced the “Family Road Trip” ad in 2013, is back for an encore with the six Coca-Cola Racing “family of drivers.”
Several of the drivers – Danica Patrick, Joey Logano and Greg Biffle – posted picture updates to Twitter yesterday from the filming process. Patrick’s raised a stir, in particular, because it showed her Stewart-Haas Racing team boss and teammate Tony Stewart in a firesuit for the first time this year.
Here’s the evidence:
— Danica Patrick (@DanicaPatrick) January 14, 2014
Those four plus Ryan Newman and Denny Hamlin make up the Coca-Cola family of drivers. The official soft drink of NASCAR, Coca-Cola earned the NASCAR Marketing Achievement Award in 2013.
- Talladega Nights-inspired restaurant sued by Sony Pictures 0
- It’s happy hour at Team Penske after Vegas sweep (VIDEO) 1
- Australian GP wide open, both from past stats and preseason tests 0
- For Josef Newgarden, year three is chance to enter IndyCar’s elite 1
- Kanaan set for more than just Indy 500 success with Ganassi switch in 2014 2
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix (7)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- NNS: Elliott’s car found too low, shock taken from Keselowski’s car (6)
- Busch news kicks off what may be a busy Tuesday for IndyCar (5)