Jan 15, 2014, 9:26 AM EDT
Part of the NASCAR preseason in January includes filming most of the ads you’ll see in the Daytona 500 and beyond for the 2014 Sprint Cup season. Coca-Cola, who produced the “Family Road Trip” ad in 2013, is back for an encore with the six Coca-Cola Racing “family of drivers.”
Several of the drivers – Danica Patrick, Joey Logano and Greg Biffle – posted picture updates to Twitter yesterday from the filming process. Patrick’s raised a stir, in particular, because it showed her Stewart-Haas Racing team boss and teammate Tony Stewart in a firesuit for the first time this year.
Here’s the evidence:
— Danica Patrick (@DanicaPatrick) January 14, 2014
Those four plus Ryan Newman and Denny Hamlin make up the Coca-Cola family of drivers. The official soft drink of NASCAR, Coca-Cola earned the NASCAR Marketing Achievement Award in 2013.
- WATCH LIVE: FP3 for the Monaco Grand Prix on Live Extra from 5am ET 0
- Chip Ganassi lobbying for IndyCar schedule changes 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar, Indy Lights Carb Day (11 a.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- IndyCar driver raises concern about design of wishbone that injured James Hinchcliffe in crash 4
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton tops quiet second Monaco GP practice 0
- Hamilton quickest in opening practice for Monaco GP 0