Jan 15, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Ferrari will follow McLaren in the F1 2014 launch calendar, with the news the Scuderia is set for an online launch on January 25. The team announced that news on Wednesday.
Back in December, Ferrari opened up the name of the car to be voted on by the fans. The fans can make their pick from five selections announced today: F14 T, F14 Maranello, F14 Scuderia, F166 Turbo and F616, with the result to be revealed on January 24, the day before the car reveal. Here’s a link to the site to where you can vote.
Kimi Raikkonen is already back to work at Ferrari and this launch will, of course, mark the first time we officially see him and Fernando Alonso as teammates.
McLaren leads off the launch calendar at the moment on Jan. 24, and three teams, Mercedes, Caterham and Williams, are set to launch their cars on Jan. 28 on the first day of the Jerez preseason test.
- IndyCar beats the rain, Castroneves, Penske beats the field in Barber qualifying (VIDEO) 0
- WSR: Rowland wins Formula Renault 3.5 season-opener at Motorland Aragon 0
- Preview: Barber marks end of IndyCar’s first quarter of 2015 (VIDEO) 0
- Ryan Hunter-Reay looks to right 2015 season by completing winning trilogy at Barber Motorsports Park 0
- As GP2 turns 10 years old, where is the Class of ’05 now? 0
- Here’s your IndyCar times for this weekend’s Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama 0
- F1: Year-on-year, Ferrari’s gains, Mercedes’ continued edge reins after four races 1