Jan 15, 2014, 11:09 AM EDT
A good story here for a good cause. Turner Scott Motorsports mechanic Ashley Parlett, who is moving up to work on one of the team’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series entries for Ben Kennedy this year, will participate in the “Cupid’s Undie Run” to help raise money for the Children’s Tumor Foundation.
The “Cupid’s Undie Run” is as straightforward as it sounds – wearing next-to-nothing to help raise awareness and support a good cause.
The CTF works to raise awareness and funding to help find a cure for neurofibromatosis – known simply as NF. It’s a common yet under-recognized genetic disorder that affects millions; NF causes tumors to grow on nerves throughout the body. NF affects one in every 3,000 people, more than cystic fibrosis, Duchenne muscular dystrophy, and Huntington’s disease combined.
Last year, Parlett worked with up-and-coming driver Kenzie Ruston in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East.
Some pertinent links are attached: the full post at NASCAR.com, the event info itself, Parlett’s donation page on HopeCur and a link for more info on CTF and its other program to raise awareness, Racing4Research. The CTF/Racing4Research Porsche 911 GT America from Park Place Motorsports will run in the Rolex 24 at Daytona next week.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 0
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 0
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 0
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2
- VIDEO: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show, talks about F1 in the U.S. 2
- Tune-In: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show (PHOTOS) 1