Jan 15, 2014, 6:22 PM EDT
IMSA has released the full, 67-car entry list for the Rolex 24 at Daytona next week. A handful of changes have occurred from our projections and confirmations we forecast earlier this week for the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship.
- Indy Lights runner-up Gabby Chaves has been added to the DeltaWing lineup (No. 0 DeltaWing DWC13) as a fourth driver with former Indy Lights driver Oliver Webb confirmed at OAK Racing (No. 42 Morgan Nissan) as its fourth driver.
- SpeedSource has a pair of 2013 IndyCar drivers, James Hinchcliffe (No. 70) and Tristan Vautier (No. 07) officially listed as third drivers in its pair of Mazda SKYACTIV-D Coupes.
- Starworks Motorsport has its P car, originally the second alternate, promoted to a race spot with drivers Alex Popow, Scott Mayer and Brendon Hartley (No. 78 Riley-Dinan). Its PC class lineups now are: Popow/Martin Fuentes/Isaac Tutumlu and Kyle Marcelli (No. 7 ORECA FLM09) with Renger van der Zande/Eric Lux/Sam Bird/Pierre Kaffer listed in the No. 8. Rob Huff, Mirco Schultis and ex-IndyCar driver Ana Beatriz have tested for the team, but are not listed.
- 8Star, Performance Tech, PR1/Mathiasen and CORE have all confirmed their PC class lineups.
- Announced earlier today, Aston Martin Racing will have the lone five-driver lineup in GTLM. Stefan Mucke, Darren Turner, Pedro Lamy, Richie Stanaway and Paul Dalla Lana will race the No. 97 Vantage; Dalla Lana will also race in the No. 94 Turner Motorsport BMW Z4 GTD in the GTD class.
- Porsche GTD teams Muehlner Motorsports America (Nos. 18/19) and Alex Job Racing (No. 22) have added drivers to their lineups.
- The TRG-AMR lineups have James Davison/David Block/Al Carter/Brandon Davis in the No. 007 GT3-spec Vantage and Calum Lockie/Pete McIntosh/Robert Nimkroff/Max Riddle in the sister No. 009.
- Ferrari’s lineups at Spirit of Race (Nos. 49/51) and SMP/ESM Racing (No. 72) have been set; the latter car includes IndyCar’s Mikhail Aleshin and ex-Formula One driver Mika Salo.
- The BAR1 (No. 87, PC) and two Level 5 (Nos. 555/556, GTD) cars have TBA’s listed for lineups. The second BAR1 PC and Level 5′s two PCs, which were granted full-season entries on IMSA’s initial list, are not listed here.
- Talladega Nights-inspired restaurant sued by Sony Pictures 0
- It’s happy hour at Team Penske after Vegas sweep (VIDEO) 1
- Australian GP wide open, both from past stats and preseason tests 0
- For Josef Newgarden, year three is chance to enter IndyCar’s elite 1
- Kanaan set for more than just Indy 500 success with Ganassi switch in 2014 2
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix (7)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- NNS: Elliott’s car found too low, shock taken from Keselowski’s car (6)
- Busch news kicks off what may be a busy Tuesday for IndyCar (5)