Jan 15, 2014, 10:45 AM EST
IndyCar drivers Alex Tagliani and Conor Daly are among the driver lineup for Paul Gentilozzi’s RSR Racing team for the Rolex 24 at Daytona and additional TUDOR United SportsCar Championship races in the PC class.
Tagliani, who was mooted as a potential replacement at Target Chip Ganassi Racing for the retiring Dario Franchitti, is set for a full season in the No. 09 Automax.com entry with fellow Canadian Chris Cumming alongside. Daly and Rusty Mitchell will join for selected endurance races, beginning with the Rolex 24 next week.
The sister No. 08 Lino’spresso car will feature Bruno Junqueira and Duncan Ende for the season, and David Heinemeier Hansson and Gustavo Menezes alongside at the endurance races.
Tagliani has driven for RSR before in Champ Car (2003-2004, 2007) and looked forward to reuniting with some familiar faces.
“I am excited to work with so many familiar faces like Jeff Lohman, Paul, Bruno, Conor, and John and to participate at the Daytona 24 hour race with a competitive team and line-up.
“I’ve already been on contact with Bruno via email. We are good friends and I look forward to working with him again and hopefully we can have a good result for the team.”
Added Daly on his opportunity, “I’m very excited to be headed to Daytona for the first time. I appreciate the opportunity RSR Racing has given me and look forward to working with the team. It will be a whole new experience for me and I’m ready to work with the team to learn from the guys around me to get up to speed quickly.”
At this point, neither Tagliani or Daly has a full-time IndyCar ride. Still, both are working to see what future opportunities may exist there this year. The TUDOR Championship’s two races on IndyCar weekends, Long Beach and Detroit, do not feature the PC class. Other weekend conflicts include June 7 (TUSC at Kansas, IndyCar at Texas) and August 24 (TUSC at VIR, IndyCar at Sonoma).
- Joey Logano wins Vegas pole, Penske claims front row again 0
- 5 storylines that could define the 2014 F1 season 1
- Indianapolis 500 2014 Qualifying Format Revealed 5
- Schumacher “still in the wake up phase” 0
- Driver, team owner and now actor: Tony Stewart’s first edition of ‘Smoke is The Bandit’ is released (video) 0
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (6)
- Disastrous day for Red Bull as Vettel manages just half a lap (5)