Jan 16, 2014, 5:41 PM EDT
As the first car in the history of the world’s first fully-electric global racing series, Formula E’s Spark-Renault SRT_01E has already carved out a unique niche for itself.
The SRT_01E, which recently had its first American demonstration in Las Vegas, is charged (no pun intended) with not only producing a solid on-track product but also to redefine what many casual observers may believe about electric cars.
It may not be the quickest race car ever (its top speed is around 150 miles per hour) and its quieter noise will no doubt be a strike against it in the eyes of some. But in the end, it’s about the technology that’s inside – technology that one day could play a major role in how we move around our world.
In the YouTube clip above posted by Qualcomm, one of F-E’s key technology partners, development driver Lucas di Grassi gives us a quick tour of this innovative machine.
Video from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Brasilia, Brazil race confirmed for March 8, 2015 0
- F1’s Modern Wonder: Under the lights, Singapore shines brightly 0
- 2014 Singapore Grand Prix Preview 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Matt Kenseth confident as Loudon looms (VIDEO) 0
- Singapore GP, Red Bull GRC highlight weekend’s NBC motorsports coverage 0
- NASCAR: Richard Petty Motorsports committed to two-car program in 2015 6
- NASCAR: STANLEY, DEWALT join JGR in 2015 4