Jan 16, 2014, 5:41 PM EDT
As the first car in the history of the world’s first fully-electric global racing series, Formula E’s Spark-Renault SRT_01E has already carved out a unique niche for itself.
The SRT_01E, which recently had its first American demonstration in Las Vegas, is charged (no pun intended) with not only producing a solid on-track product but also to redefine what many casual observers may believe about electric cars.
It may not be the quickest race car ever (its top speed is around 150 miles per hour) and its quieter noise will no doubt be a strike against it in the eyes of some. But in the end, it’s about the technology that’s inside – technology that one day could play a major role in how we move around our world.
In the YouTube clip above posted by Qualcomm, one of F-E’s key technology partners, development driver Lucas di Grassi gives us a quick tour of this innovative machine.
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy 200 at 1:30 p.m. ET on CNBC, Live Extra 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Mid-Ohio (1:30 p.m. ET, CNBC and Live Extra) 0
- Hunter-Reay fastest in final Mid-Ohio warm up despite spinning out 0
- Cole Custer sails to first career ARCA win at Pocono, 9th first-time winner in series in 2015 0
- Dixon crushes lap record to score pole in Mid-Ohio (VIDEO) 1