Jan 16, 2014, 5:41 PM EDT
As the first car in the history of the world’s first fully-electric global racing series, Formula E’s Spark-Renault SRT_01E has already carved out a unique niche for itself.
The SRT_01E, which recently had its first American demonstration in Las Vegas, is charged (no pun intended) with not only producing a solid on-track product but also to redefine what many casual observers may believe about electric cars.
It may not be the quickest race car ever (its top speed is around 150 miles per hour) and its quieter noise will no doubt be a strike against it in the eyes of some. But in the end, it’s about the technology that’s inside – technology that one day could play a major role in how we move around our world.
In the YouTube clip above posted by Qualcomm, one of F-E’s key technology partners, development driver Lucas di Grassi gives us a quick tour of this innovative machine.
Video from NASCAR America
- Belgian GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- WATCH LIVE: Lucas Oil Pro Motocross ends seasons in Utah at 3 p.m. ET 0
- Rosberg tames wet conditions to claim Belgian GP pole 0
- Bottas breaks Mercedes’ stranglehold at Spa by topping FP3 0
- Ryan Blaney passes Kyle Busch on final restart, hangs on to win Nationwide race at Bristol 1
- Kevin Harvick edges Jeff Gordon for Bristol Sprint Cup pole 1
- Will A.J. Allmendinger seek payback for Brad Daugherty’s practical joke? 1