Jan 16, 2014, 5:41 PM EDT
As the first car in the history of the world’s first fully-electric global racing series, Formula E’s Spark-Renault SRT_01E has already carved out a unique niche for itself.
The SRT_01E, which recently had its first American demonstration in Las Vegas, is charged (no pun intended) with not only producing a solid on-track product but also to redefine what many casual observers may believe about electric cars.
It may not be the quickest race car ever (its top speed is around 150 miles per hour) and its quieter noise will no doubt be a strike against it in the eyes of some. But in the end, it’s about the technology that’s inside – technology that one day could play a major role in how we move around our world.
In the YouTube clip above posted by Qualcomm, one of F-E’s key technology partners, development driver Lucas di Grassi gives us a quick tour of this innovative machine.
Video from NASCAR America
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 1
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 5