Jan 16, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
World Champions Red Bull will officially begin their “drive for five” Jan. 28, when the team will reveal its new RB10 challenger on the first day of Formula One preseason testing in Jerez de la Frontera, Spain.
The Red Bull team, led by four-time defending champ Sebastian Vettel and team newcomer Daniel Ricciardo, confirmed their presence for Jerez in a short statement that also noted the RB10 would break cover at 8:40 a.m. local time.
All eyes will be on the RB10 as Vettel and Ricciardo try to continue their team’s ongoing reign of dominance in a new era of F1.
Many observers believe (and some of them, no doubt, certainly hope) Red Bull is set to be truly pushed by its rivals in the paddock, as new technical innovations transform the sport beginning this season.
Red Bull now joins Mercedes and Caterham as teams confirmed to roll out their 2014 cars in Jerez. Ferrari and McLaren have each set online launches for their new machines before heading out to the test.
- Power steals final pole of IndyCar’s 2015 season with new track record at Sonoma 1
- Oriol Servia reflects on his friend Justin Wilson, as he races No. 25 car at Sonoma (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 1
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5