Jan 16, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
World Champions Red Bull will officially begin their “drive for five” Jan. 28, when the team will reveal its new RB10 challenger on the first day of Formula One preseason testing in Jerez de la Frontera, Spain.
The Red Bull team, led by four-time defending champ Sebastian Vettel and team newcomer Daniel Ricciardo, confirmed their presence for Jerez in a short statement that also noted the RB10 would break cover at 8:40 a.m. local time.
All eyes will be on the RB10 as Vettel and Ricciardo try to continue their team’s ongoing reign of dominance in a new era of F1.
Many observers believe (and some of them, no doubt, certainly hope) Red Bull is set to be truly pushed by its rivals in the paddock, as new technical innovations transform the sport beginning this season.
Red Bull now joins Mercedes and Caterham as teams confirmed to roll out their 2014 cars in Jerez. Ferrari and McLaren have each set online launches for their new machines before heading out to the test.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 14
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 5
- Open letter from Kevin Ward Jr.’s aunt questions Tony Stewart, evidence of marijuana in nephew’s system 47
- Kyle Busch outduels Joey Logano for Nationwide win in Dover 2