Jan 16, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
World Champions Red Bull will officially begin their “drive for five” Jan. 28, when the team will reveal its new RB10 challenger on the first day of Formula One preseason testing in Jerez de la Frontera, Spain.
The Red Bull team, led by four-time defending champ Sebastian Vettel and team newcomer Daniel Ricciardo, confirmed their presence for Jerez in a short statement that also noted the RB10 would break cover at 8:40 a.m. local time.
All eyes will be on the RB10 as Vettel and Ricciardo try to continue their team’s ongoing reign of dominance in a new era of F1.
Many observers believe (and some of them, no doubt, certainly hope) Red Bull is set to be truly pushed by its rivals in the paddock, as new technical innovations transform the sport beginning this season.
Red Bull now joins Mercedes and Caterham as teams confirmed to roll out their 2014 cars in Jerez. Ferrari and McLaren have each set online launches for their new machines before heading out to the test.
- WATCH LIVE: British GP Race Day on CNBC and Live Extra from 7:30am ET 0
- What to watch for: British Grand Prix (7:30am ET on CNBC and Live Extra) 0
- Hamilton storms to home pole position at British GP 3
- Hamilton closes out British GP practice fastest 0
- Rosberg fastest once again in second British GP practice 0
- Rosberg tops FP1 at Silverstone after gearbox change 0
- NHRA: Tony Pedregon hopes to keep momentum going in Norwalk 0