Jan 16, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
World Champions Red Bull will officially begin their “drive for five” Jan. 28, when the team will reveal its new RB10 challenger on the first day of Formula One preseason testing in Jerez de la Frontera, Spain.
The Red Bull team, led by four-time defending champ Sebastian Vettel and team newcomer Daniel Ricciardo, confirmed their presence for Jerez in a short statement that also noted the RB10 would break cover at 8:40 a.m. local time.
All eyes will be on the RB10 as Vettel and Ricciardo try to continue their team’s ongoing reign of dominance in a new era of F1.
Many observers believe (and some of them, no doubt, certainly hope) Red Bull is set to be truly pushed by its rivals in the paddock, as new technical innovations transform the sport beginning this season.
Red Bull now joins Mercedes and Caterham as teams confirmed to roll out their 2014 cars in Jerez. Ferrari and McLaren have each set online launches for their new machines before heading out to the test.
Video from NASCAR America
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 9
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0