Jan 16, 2014, 2:36 PM EDT
With her second full-time Sprint Cup season approaching, Danica Patrick joined today’s edition of NBCSN’s “SportsDash with Yahoo! Sports” to talk about a variety of topics including the recent Preseason Thunder testing at Daytona International Speedway.
The Stewart-Haas Racing driver was 10th-fastest in the lone day of Sprint Cup testing, Jan. 10, on the 2.5-mile oval, and altogether, she was pleased with what she’s taken away from the session.
“It was a nice little refresher – I hadn’t been in the car since the last race [of the 2013 season],” Patrick said on SportsDash. “I learned that my team built another good speedway car for me and that we were pretty good.”
While Patrick faces more challenges ahead in Year Two, she also has maintained optimism about what she can contribute to SHR.
And she may be a dark horse once again at the season-opening Daytona 500 next month. In last year’s Great American Race, Patrick threatened to win in the closing laps before finishing eighth.
Remember, you can watch SportsDash every weekday at Noon ET on NBCSN.
- Chip Ganassi lobbying for IndyCar schedule changes 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar, Indy Lights Carb Day (11 a.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- IndyCar driver raises concern about design of wishbone that injured James Hinchcliffe in crash 3
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton tops quiet second Monaco GP practice 0
- Hamilton quickest in opening practice for Monaco GP 0
- James Hinchcliffe transferred out of ICU, full recovery expected 4