Jan 16, 2014, 2:36 PM EDT
With her second full-time Sprint Cup season approaching, Danica Patrick joined today’s edition of NBCSN’s “SportsDash with Yahoo! Sports” to talk about a variety of topics including the recent Preseason Thunder testing at Daytona International Speedway.
The Stewart-Haas Racing driver was 10th-fastest in the lone day of Sprint Cup testing, Jan. 10, on the 2.5-mile oval, and altogether, she was pleased with what she’s taken away from the session.
“It was a nice little refresher – I hadn’t been in the car since the last race [of the 2013 season],” Patrick said on SportsDash. “I learned that my team built another good speedway car for me and that we were pretty good.”
While Patrick faces more challenges ahead in Year Two, she also has maintained optimism about what she can contribute to SHR.
And she may be a dark horse once again at the season-opening Daytona 500 next month. In last year’s Great American Race, Patrick threatened to win in the closing laps before finishing eighth.
Remember, you can watch SportsDash every weekday at Noon ET on NBCSN.
- Talladega Nights-inspired restaurant sued by Sony Pictures 0
- It’s happy hour at Team Penske after Vegas sweep (VIDEO) 1
- Australian GP wide open, both from past stats and preseason tests 0
- For Josef Newgarden, year three is chance to enter IndyCar’s elite 1
- Kanaan set for more than just Indy 500 success with Ganassi switch in 2014 2
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix (7)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- NNS: Elliott’s car found too low, shock taken from Keselowski’s car (6)