Jan 16, 2014, 2:36 PM EDT
With her second full-time Sprint Cup season approaching, Danica Patrick joined today’s edition of NBCSN’s “SportsDash with Yahoo! Sports” to talk about a variety of topics including the recent Preseason Thunder testing at Daytona International Speedway.
The Stewart-Haas Racing driver was 10th-fastest in the lone day of Sprint Cup testing, Jan. 10, on the 2.5-mile oval, and altogether, she was pleased with what she’s taken away from the session.
“It was a nice little refresher – I hadn’t been in the car since the last race [of the 2013 season],” Patrick said on SportsDash. “I learned that my team built another good speedway car for me and that we were pretty good.”
While Patrick faces more challenges ahead in Year Two, she also has maintained optimism about what she can contribute to SHR.
And she may be a dark horse once again at the season-opening Daytona 500 next month. In last year’s Great American Race, Patrick threatened to win in the closing laps before finishing eighth.
Remember, you can watch SportsDash every weekday at Noon ET on NBCSN.
- Cole Custer sails to first career ARCA win at Pocono, 9th first-time winner in series in 2015 0
- Dixon crushes lap record to score pole in Mid-Ohio (VIDEO) 1
- Johansson: Haas has done its homework ahead of F1 entry 0
- Dixon quickest with unofficial lap record in final practice at Mid-Ohio 0
- Dixon fastest on Friday at Mid-Ohio 1
- Hinchcliffe undergoes final surgery, now “can’t wait to be strapping back in” 2
- With 2016 plans undetermined, Newgarden focused on finishing 2015 strong 1