Jan 16, 2014, 2:36 PM EDT
With her second full-time Sprint Cup season approaching, Danica Patrick joined today’s edition of NBCSN’s “SportsDash with Yahoo! Sports” to talk about a variety of topics including the recent Preseason Thunder testing at Daytona International Speedway.
The Stewart-Haas Racing driver was 10th-fastest in the lone day of Sprint Cup testing, Jan. 10, on the 2.5-mile oval, and altogether, she was pleased with what she’s taken away from the session.
“It was a nice little refresher – I hadn’t been in the car since the last race [of the 2013 season],” Patrick said on SportsDash. “I learned that my team built another good speedway car for me and that we were pretty good.”
While Patrick faces more challenges ahead in Year Two, she also has maintained optimism about what she can contribute to SHR.
And she may be a dark horse once again at the season-opening Daytona 500 next month. In last year’s Great American Race, Patrick threatened to win in the closing laps before finishing eighth.
Remember, you can watch SportsDash every weekday at Noon ET on NBCSN.
Video from NASCAR America
- Aleshin conscious following heavy accident in MAVTV 500 final practice (UPDATED, VIDEO) 3
- Kevin Harvick wins Atlanta Sprint Cup pole; Stewart qualifies 12th 1
- Castroneves secures crucial MAVTV 500 pole; Power starts P21 for IndyCar finale (VIDEO) 3
- Jeff Gordon: Last 3 races weren’t the same without Tony Stewart 3
- IndyCar has 500 miles to glory, through speed, dirt, tire fall off and unpredictability 0
- How NASCAR determined Tony Stewart was ready to race again 5
- Helton: Tony Stewart still eligible for Chase, but must win to get in 4