Jan 17, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
Next week not only marks the beginning of the new TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, in the Rolex 24 at Daytona, but also the four-race Tequila Patrón North American Endurance Cup.
Patrón was the presenting sponsor of the American Le Mans Series for several seasons and still sought an involvement in the new merged series of ALMS and the GRAND-AM Rolex Series. As Patrón Spirits CEO and Extreme Speed Motorsports driver Ed Brown explains, this was a way to do it.
The NAEC, renamed after it was called the North American Endurance Championship in Rolex the last two seasons, will include races at Daytona, Sebring, Watkins Glen and Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta.
- Ten with Townsend: Red Bull GRC 4 races in, post-MCAS New River 0
- Smiling Through the Rain: Silverstone proved that it isn’t all doom and gloom in F1 0
- NHRA: Anderson wins 4th of ’15, Stoffer over Sampey in 3rd all-female final in NHRA history; Kalitta, Beckman also win 1
- Ken Block seizes opportunity, wins Red Bull GRC at MCAS New River 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: British Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 0
- Emotional Hamilton tears up on last lap of British GP, thanks fans for support en route to win 1
- Hamilton weathers the storm to claim third British GP victory at Silverstone 2