Jan 17, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
Next week not only marks the beginning of the new TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, in the Rolex 24 at Daytona, but also the four-race Tequila Patrón North American Endurance Cup.
Patrón was the presenting sponsor of the American Le Mans Series for several seasons and still sought an involvement in the new merged series of ALMS and the GRAND-AM Rolex Series. As Patrón Spirits CEO and Extreme Speed Motorsports driver Ed Brown explains, this was a way to do it.
The NAEC, renamed after it was called the North American Endurance Championship in Rolex the last two seasons, will include races at Daytona, Sebring, Watkins Glen and Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta.
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Long Beach (4 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Hamilton pleased to fend off Ferrari in Bahrain despite last lap brake scare 0
- Hamilton puts on a show under the lights to win Bahrain GP 1
- Off The Grid: Melbourne premieres 1:30pm ET on NBCSN (VIDEO) 0
- Castroneves secures pole in IndyCar qualifying at Long Beach 1
- Hamilton eases to fourth straight pole position in Bahrain 0
- Hamilton closes out Bahrain GP practice on top 0