Jan 17, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
Next week not only marks the beginning of the new TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, in the Rolex 24 at Daytona, but also the four-race Tequila Patrón North American Endurance Cup.
Patrón was the presenting sponsor of the American Le Mans Series for several seasons and still sought an involvement in the new merged series of ALMS and the GRAND-AM Rolex Series. As Patrón Spirits CEO and Extreme Speed Motorsports driver Ed Brown explains, this was a way to do it.
The NAEC, renamed after it was called the North American Endurance Championship in Rolex the last two seasons, will include races at Daytona, Sebring, Watkins Glen and Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta.
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 2
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 0
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 1
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 5
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 2
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Mid-Ohio (1:30 p.m. ET, CNBC and Live Extra) 0