Jan 17, 2014, 10:53 AM EST
Michael Schumacher’s manager, Sabine Kehm, released an email update on Friday that says the seven-time Formula One World Champion remains in stable condition at University Center Hospital in Grenoble, France. This marks the first time Schumacher’s condition has not been labeled as “critical” since his skiing accident on Dec. 29 that has left him in a medically-induced coma.
This latest statement comes in response to some speculative, unconfirmed reports that have occurred over the last week or so.
“Unfortunately I have to repeat that any information regarding Michael’s health not coming from the doctors treating him or from his management must be treated as pure speculation,” said Kehm, via Sky Sports. She has had to make this declaration previously.
“I also repeat that Michael’s family is very happy and confident with the work of the team of doctors treating Michael, and they trust them completely. Michael’s condition is still considered as stable.”
Video from NASCAR America
- Alonso: My next move won’t be a surprise for anybody 0
- Will the weight of expectation prove to be too great for Lewis Hamilton in Abu Dhabi? 0
- With Vettel, Alonso, Mercedes and Renault all on the move, Abu Dhabi will mark the end of an era in F1 0
- 2014 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Preview 0
- Sebastian Vettel joins Ferrari for 2015 season, partnering Kimi Raikkonen 0
- Ferrari confirms Alonso will leave at end of 2014 F1 season 0
- Report: Kurt Busch meets with police over assault claims by ex-girlfriend 0