Jan 17, 2014, 10:53 AM EST
Michael Schumacher’s manager, Sabine Kehm, released an email update on Friday that says the seven-time Formula One World Champion remains in stable condition at University Center Hospital in Grenoble, France. This marks the first time Schumacher’s condition has not been labeled as “critical” since his skiing accident on Dec. 29 that has left him in a medically-induced coma.
This latest statement comes in response to some speculative, unconfirmed reports that have occurred over the last week or so.
“Unfortunately I have to repeat that any information regarding Michael’s health not coming from the doctors treating him or from his management must be treated as pure speculation,” said Kehm, via Sky Sports. She has had to make this declaration previously.
“I also repeat that Michael’s family is very happy and confident with the work of the team of doctors treating Michael, and they trust them completely. Michael’s condition is still considered as stable.”
Video from NASCAR America
- F1 2014 Review: Stories of the Season 0
- Toro Rosso confirms Carlos Sainz Jr. for 2015 F1 season 1
- F1 2014 Driver Review: Lewis Hamilton 0
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 12
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 3