Jan 17, 2014, 10:53 AM EST
Michael Schumacher’s manager, Sabine Kehm, released an email update on Friday that says the seven-time Formula One World Champion remains in stable condition at University Center Hospital in Grenoble, France. This marks the first time Schumacher’s condition has not been labeled as “critical” since his skiing accident on Dec. 29 that has left him in a medically-induced coma.
This latest statement comes in response to some speculative, unconfirmed reports that have occurred over the last week or so.
“Unfortunately I have to repeat that any information regarding Michael’s health not coming from the doctors treating him or from his management must be treated as pure speculation,” said Kehm, via Sky Sports. She has had to make this declaration previously.
“I also repeat that Michael’s family is very happy and confident with the work of the team of doctors treating Michael, and they trust them completely. Michael’s condition is still considered as stable.”
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari on day one of Jerez test 2
- Red Bull RB11 launched in camouflage testing livery 1
- Jimmie Johnson likes new Chase format, but misses the one that brought him six championships 4
- Toro Rosso reveals STR10 ahead of Jerez test 1
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0