Jan 17, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
By now, we’ve probably seen at least a couple of promo videos for the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, which officially begins next weekend with the Rolex 24 at Daytona International Speedway.
But Magnus Racing has taken a different tack in promoting the TUSC, born from the merger of GRAND-AM and the American Le Mans Series. In their clip above, a child rides home on his bike while his parents take the contents of his two toy car cases (one for his GRAND-AM cars, the other for his ALMS cars) and combine them into a single case (the TUSC one, of course).
Upon arriving home, the child then places Magnus’ No. 44 Porsche 911 GT America in a table-top replica of Daytona. He and his parents then watch as the Magnus machine and others zip around the famed road course before another child comes to visit – “John, I think it’s Andy’s turn to play,” says the mother in an apparent nod to the No. 44′s full-time drivers, John Potter and Andy Lally.
It’s a clever, well-crafted clip that does its purpose without going for the obligatory air of attitude you see in most racing promos. In its place stands the hope that the TUSC has for people to “rediscover sportscar” now that there’s one series again.
Video from NASCAR America
- Force India confirms Sergio Perez on multi-year deal 0
- Nico Rosberg rallies to pole position in Abu Dhabi 0
- Rosberg closes out Abu Dhabi practice fastest 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Jimmie Johnson: Kevin Harvick winning Sprint Cup title was “the right thing” 20
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Nico Rosberg 0
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Lewis Hamilton 0