Jan 20, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Kimi Raikkonen is notoriously terse yet interesting with his simple answers to questions regarding anything to do with Formula One. As he prepares for his first season back at Ferrari since 2009, Raikkonen said as drivers, the new type of cars coming into play for 2014 shouldn’t require too much of a different driving style.
“My feeling is that it’s not going to be as different as people think, but I might be wrong,” he said in a video interview posted to Ferrari’s website. “Hopefully we’ll find out that it’s pretty simple. We have new buttons and new things to follow, but let’s wait and see.”
Ferrari will hit the ground running later this week with its launch on Saturday, January 25. Fans can still vote on the name of the chassis.
- NHRA drag racing superstar John Force goes on vacation — at a dragstrip, of course 0
- Swan Racing restructures, splits up two-car Sprint Cup operation 0
- It’s official: Redskins QB RG III to drive pace car at Richmond for Saturday’s Sprint Cup race 2
- Raikkonen: Yes, he’s still motivated, otherwise he wouldn’t be here 7
- Red Bull tweaks Mercedes over attempt to increase ‘Fuelgate’ punishment 5
More from NASCAR America
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (12)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)