Jan 21, 2014, 7:12 PM EST
As the saying goes, “Only in Vegas.”
Taking some time out of his preparation for the upcoming Sprint Cup season, Joe Gibbs Racing’s Kyle Busch returned to his hometown of Las Vegas today to take care of a very important duty – and it didn’t involve his No. 18 Toyota.
It was to help a couple in love enter the holy bonds of matrimony.
According to NASCAR.com, the event was part of a contest sponsored by Las Vegas Motor Speedway in which couples filled out an online form and explained why they should have “Rowdy” co-officiate their wedding ceremony.
The honor went to the now Mr. and Mrs. Bobby Dezarov, who were married by Busch at the famous Chapel of the Bells on the Vegas Strip. And of course, LVMS tweeted a photo for posterity (and also posted some more on their Facebook page):
One figures the Dezarovs will be telling their children about this someday. We wish Bobby and his new bride, Crystal, all the best in their new life together.
Video from NASCAR America
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 1
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0
- Jean-Eric Vergne confirms Toro Rosso exit 2
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 5
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 4