Jan 21, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
Michael Schumacher’s family has issued another statement of thanks for the support that they’ve received from fans around the world. However, the statement did not reveal any new information on the Formula One legend’s health.
Last Friday, Schumacher’s press officer, Sabine Kehm, said that he remained in a medically-induced coma but was in stable condition – the first time that he had not been listed as “critical” since his skiing accident on Dec. 29.
The new statement from the family reads:
“We are deeply touched by all the messages to get well soon for Michael which still are being sent. That gives us strength. Thank you all so much! Thank you to the Fanclub in Kerpen, to 1. FC Köln and Schalke 04 but also to everybody else and other fan groups who are supporting Michael. We all know, he is a fighter and will not give up!”
Said statement references a pair of German soccer clubs that recently unveiled a banner before a friendly with the phrase “Get well soon! You can do it, Michael!” in German.
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari on day one of Jerez test 1
- Red Bull RB11 launched in camouflage testing livery 0
- Jimmie Johnson likes new Chase format, but misses the one that brought him six championships 2
- Toro Rosso reveals STR10 ahead of Jerez test 1
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0