Jan 22, 2014, 8:40 AM EST
Force India is the first team to reveal a rendering of its livery for the 2014 Formula One season, but the Vijay Mallya-led squad didn’t give away any hints of the car’s news lines for its launch.
Released first via the team’s social media account, then posted to the team’s website, the new 2014 livery features a prominent dose of black alongside the traditional saffron, white and green colors.
“The VJM07 looks stunning and the new livery reflects the way Sahara Force India is evolving,” Mallya said in the team’s release. “I’ve always believed our cars have been the most eye-catching, but adding black as a main color gives us a fierce new look.”
Adding to the color change, the team’s technical director Andrew Green explained the technical changes in brief.
“Almost every single part is a new design, from the front wing right back to the diffuser,” he said. “The genetics of the VJM07 still lie in the 2013 car, but we’ve had to achieve the same results in a slightly different way.”
Claro and Roshfrans also join up as new sponsors. While Force India has revealed its colors, it has not yet confirmed its official launch date. The first day of testing is next Tuesday, January 28, at Jerez in Spain.
Video from NASCAR America
- Alonso: My next move won’t be a surprise for anybody 0
- Will the weight of expectation prove to be too great for Lewis Hamilton in Abu Dhabi? 0
- With Vettel, Alonso, Mercedes and Renault all on the move, Abu Dhabi will mark the end of an era in F1 0
- 2014 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Preview 0
- Sebastian Vettel joins Ferrari for 2015 season, partnering Kimi Raikkonen 0
- Ferrari confirms Alonso will leave at end of 2014 F1 season 0
- Report: Kurt Busch meets with police over assault claims by ex-girlfriend 0