Jan 22, 2014, 8:40 AM EDT
Force India is the first team to reveal a rendering of its livery for the 2014 Formula One season, but the Vijay Mallya-led squad didn’t give away any hints of the car’s news lines for its launch.
Released first via the team’s social media account, then posted to the team’s website, the new 2014 livery features a prominent dose of black alongside the traditional saffron, white and green colors.
“The VJM07 looks stunning and the new livery reflects the way Sahara Force India is evolving,” Mallya said in the team’s release. “I’ve always believed our cars have been the most eye-catching, but adding black as a main color gives us a fierce new look.”
Adding to the color change, the team’s technical director Andrew Green explained the technical changes in brief.
“Almost every single part is a new design, from the front wing right back to the diffuser,” he said. “The genetics of the VJM07 still lie in the 2013 car, but we’ve had to achieve the same results in a slightly different way.”
Claro and Roshfrans also join up as new sponsors. While Force India has revealed its colors, it has not yet confirmed its official launch date. The first day of testing is next Tuesday, January 28, at Jerez in Spain.
Video from NASCAR America
- It’s official: Tony Stewart to miss Bristol race, Jeff Burton to once again drive No. 14 4
- When — or will — Tony Stewart ever race again? 5
- Andre Lotterer confirmed for Caterham debut at Spa 6
- NASCAR: Joe Gibbs hopeful for eventual return of Tony Stewart 12
- The 2014 Milwaukee IndyFest weekend high on promise, with more positives than negatives 6
- NASCAR’s worst-kept secret is official: Carl Edwards joins Joe Gibbs Racing from 2015 4
- Report: Comcast’s Xfinity, NASCAR closer to series sponsorship deal 0