Jan 22, 2014, 8:40 AM EDT
Force India is the first team to reveal a rendering of its livery for the 2014 Formula One season, but the Vijay Mallya-led squad didn’t give away any hints of the car’s news lines for its launch.
Released first via the team’s social media account, then posted to the team’s website, the new 2014 livery features a prominent dose of black alongside the traditional saffron, white and green colors.
“The VJM07 looks stunning and the new livery reflects the way Sahara Force India is evolving,” Mallya said in the team’s release. “I’ve always believed our cars have been the most eye-catching, but adding black as a main color gives us a fierce new look.”
Adding to the color change, the team’s technical director Andrew Green explained the technical changes in brief.
“Almost every single part is a new design, from the front wing right back to the diffuser,” he said. “The genetics of the VJM07 still lie in the 2013 car, but we’ve had to achieve the same results in a slightly different way.”
Claro and Roshfrans also join up as new sponsors. While Force India has revealed its colors, it has not yet confirmed its official launch date. The first day of testing is next Tuesday, January 28, at Jerez in Spain.
- Hamilton may have won again, but it was Raikkonen and Rosberg who stood out in Bahrain 5
- Scott Dixon breaks through for elusive Long Beach win 2
- Hamilton pleased to fend off Ferrari in Bahrain despite last lap brake scare 1
- Hamilton puts on a show under the lights to win Bahrain GP 6
- Off The Grid: Melbourne premieres 1:30pm ET on NBCSN (VIDEO) 0
- Castroneves secures pole in IndyCar qualifying at Long Beach 1
- Hamilton eases to fourth straight pole position in Bahrain 0