Jan 22, 2014, 8:40 AM EDT
Force India is the first team to reveal a rendering of its livery for the 2014 Formula One season, but the Vijay Mallya-led squad didn’t give away any hints of the car’s news lines for its launch.
Released first via the team’s social media account, then posted to the team’s website, the new 2014 livery features a prominent dose of black alongside the traditional saffron, white and green colors.
“The VJM07 looks stunning and the new livery reflects the way Sahara Force India is evolving,” Mallya said in the team’s release. “I’ve always believed our cars have been the most eye-catching, but adding black as a main color gives us a fierce new look.”
Adding to the color change, the team’s technical director Andrew Green explained the technical changes in brief.
“Almost every single part is a new design, from the front wing right back to the diffuser,” he said. “The genetics of the VJM07 still lie in the 2013 car, but we’ve had to achieve the same results in a slightly different way.”
Claro and Roshfrans also join up as new sponsors. While Force India has revealed its colors, it has not yet confirmed its official launch date. The first day of testing is next Tuesday, January 28, at Jerez in Spain.
- Chip Ganassi lobbying for IndyCar schedule changes 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar, Indy Lights Carb Day (11 a.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- IndyCar driver raises concern about design of wishbone that injured James Hinchcliffe in crash 3
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton tops quiet second Monaco GP practice 0
- Hamilton quickest in opening practice for Monaco GP 0
- James Hinchcliffe transferred out of ICU, full recovery expected 4