Jan 22, 2014, 8:40 AM EDT
Force India is the first team to reveal a rendering of its livery for the 2014 Formula One season, but the Vijay Mallya-led squad didn’t give away any hints of the car’s news lines for its launch.
Released first via the team’s social media account, then posted to the team’s website, the new 2014 livery features a prominent dose of black alongside the traditional saffron, white and green colors.
“The VJM07 looks stunning and the new livery reflects the way Sahara Force India is evolving,” Mallya said in the team’s release. “I’ve always believed our cars have been the most eye-catching, but adding black as a main color gives us a fierce new look.”
Adding to the color change, the team’s technical director Andrew Green explained the technical changes in brief.
“Almost every single part is a new design, from the front wing right back to the diffuser,” he said. “The genetics of the VJM07 still lie in the 2013 car, but we’ve had to achieve the same results in a slightly different way.”
Claro and Roshfrans also join up as new sponsors. While Force India has revealed its colors, it has not yet confirmed its official launch date. The first day of testing is next Tuesday, January 28, at Jerez in Spain.
- F1 Paddock Pass: Italian Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Off The Grid: Silverstone preview (premieres 9/5 at 9:30am ET on NBCSN) 0
- Hamilton quickest again in second Italian GP practice 1
- Hamilton leads Mercedes one-two in Italian GP FP1 1
- NHRA: All you need to know about the 61st U.S. Nationals 0
- NHRA: Year’s biggest race, the U.S. Nationals, ready to roll 4
- F1 2015’s silly season is proving to be a let down, but who could yet spice it up? 4