Jan 22, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT
NBC Sports Group has announced that reporters Marty Snider and Kelli Stavast have been added as contributors to NBC and NBCSN’s upcoming studio and live race coverage of NASCAR. Both Snider and Stavast will be based out of Charlotte, N.C., the hub of the NASCAR industry.
A release from the Group states that no further “broadcaster-related” announcements are expected “in the near term.” Snider and Stavast join lead announcer Rick Allen and analysts Jeff Burton and Steve Letarte as part of the NBC team.
Snider was part of NBC’s most recent coverage of NASCAR from 2001-2006 and has been a reporter for TNT’s Sprint Cup coverage for over a decade. He has also covered other sports for NBC/NBCSN, including the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games and the IndyCar Series, where he’ll continue on as NBCSN’s lead pit reporter.
“Marty is a talented motorsports reporter with longstanding relationships throughout the sport,” NBC/NBCSN executive producer Sam Flood said in the release. “He was a part of NBC’s Emmy Award-winning NASCAR broadcast team during our last partnership, and we are happy to have him back with us on the NASCAR beat.”
Stavast has covered a wide variety of motorsport disciplines, from sports cars (GRAND-AM and the American Le Mans Series) to off-road races and leagues such as the Baja 1000 and the Lucas Oil Off-Road Racing Series. She also works as a reporter for NBC’s auto show coverage from Los Angeles, New York and Detroit.
“Kelli’s motorsports work has been impressive, so much so that she will also contribute to NBC Sports’ upcoming IndyCar coverage,” said Flood. “Her immersion into the racing community in Charlotte will pay dividends as she strengthens her relationships with those in and around the sport.”
- Off The Grid Mexico Kicks Off on NBCSports.com (VIDEO) 0
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 1
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 1
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 2
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5