Jan 22, 2014, 12:55 PM EST
NBC Sports Group has announced that reporters Marty Snider and Kelli Stavast have been added as contributors to NBC and NBCSN’s upcoming studio and live race coverage of NASCAR. Both Snider and Stavast will be based out of Charlotte, N.C., the hub of the NASCAR industry.
A release from the Group states that no further “broadcaster-related” announcements are expected “in the near term.” Snider and Stavast join lead announcer Rick Allen and analysts Jeff Burton and Steve Letarte as part of the NBC team.
Snider was part of NBC’s most recent coverage of NASCAR from 2001-2006 and has been a reporter for TNT’s Sprint Cup coverage for over a decade. He has also covered other sports for NBC/NBCSN, including the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games and the IndyCar Series, where he’ll continue on as NBCSN’s lead pit reporter.
“Marty is a talented motorsports reporter with longstanding relationships throughout the sport,” NBC/NBCSN executive producer Sam Flood said in the release. “He was a part of NBC’s Emmy Award-winning NASCAR broadcast team during our last partnership, and we are happy to have him back with us on the NASCAR beat.”
Stavast has covered a wide variety of motorsport disciplines, from sports cars (GRAND-AM and the American Le Mans Series) to off-road races and leagues such as the Baja 1000 and the Lucas Oil Off-Road Racing Series. She also works as a reporter for NBC’s auto show coverage from Los Angeles, New York and Detroit.
“Kelli’s motorsports work has been impressive, so much so that she will also contribute to NBC Sports’ upcoming IndyCar coverage,” said Flood. “Her immersion into the racing community in Charlotte will pay dividends as she strengthens her relationships with those in and around the sport.”
Video from NASCAR America
- Sam Hornish Jr. has much to be thankful for: new home, renewed Sprint Cup hopes with Richard Petty Motorsports 0
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 4
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0
- Jean-Eric Vergne confirms Toro Rosso exit 3
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 6
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4