Jan 22, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
We can now officially count Marussia in among the teams that will be attending next week’s first Formula One preseason test of 2014 in Jerez de la Frontera, Spain.
The 10th-place outfit in last year’s constructor’s championship confirmed the news on its Twitter page this morning after its sporting director, Graeme Lowdon, said earlier this month it was aiming to introduce its new MR03 machine in time for the Jerez sessions.
Marussia has retained their 2013 pairing of France’s Jules Bianchi and England’s Max Chilton, but has flipped from Cosworth to Ferrari power ahead of the start of the V-6 engine era.
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham denies future is at risk despite goods being seized 0
- Simona de Silvestro’s F1 hopes at risk due to financial problems 6
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 23
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3