Jan 22, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
We can now officially count Marussia in among the teams that will be attending next week’s first Formula One preseason test of 2014 in Jerez de la Frontera, Spain.
The 10th-place outfit in last year’s constructor’s championship confirmed the news on its Twitter page this morning after its sporting director, Graeme Lowdon, said earlier this month it was aiming to introduce its new MR03 machine in time for the Jerez sessions.
Marussia has retained their 2013 pairing of France’s Jules Bianchi and England’s Max Chilton, but has flipped from Cosworth to Ferrari power ahead of the start of the V-6 engine era.
Planning to get straight down to the business of testing & looking forward to running all the new elements—
Marussia F1 Team (@Marussia_F1Team) January 22, 2014
- Denny Hamlin’s team hit with big penalties after Brickyard infraction 3
- High 5: Chip Ganassi Racing’s win streak at Mid-Ohio (VIDEO) 0
- Chase-eligible teams – but not drivers – allowed at Homestead tire test 4
- Q&A: Kevin Healy on Milwaukee IndyFest activation heading into Wisconsin State Fair 2
- Report: Ecclestone says no to standing restarts in 2015 6