Jan 22, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
We can now officially count Marussia in among the teams that will be attending next week’s first Formula One preseason test of 2014 in Jerez de la Frontera, Spain.
The 10th-place outfit in last year’s constructor’s championship confirmed the news on its Twitter page this morning after its sporting director, Graeme Lowdon, said earlier this month it was aiming to introduce its new MR03 machine in time for the Jerez sessions.
Marussia has retained their 2013 pairing of France’s Jules Bianchi and England’s Max Chilton, but has flipped from Cosworth to Ferrari power ahead of the start of the V-6 engine era.
Planning to get straight down to the business of testing & looking forward to running all the new elements—
Marussia F1 Team (@Marussia_F1Team) January 22, 2014
- VIDEO: Vettel explains decision to not let Ricciardo past 4
- Chinese GP called two laps early after checkered flag mix-up 4
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” 18
- Hamilton makes it three with lights to flag victory in China 1
- WATCH LIVE: Can anyone spring a Shanghai surprise? 0
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (19)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)
- Former FIA prez Max Mosley rubbishes F1′s ongoing noise saga (6)