Jan 22, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
We can now officially count Marussia in among the teams that will be attending next week’s first Formula One preseason test of 2014 in Jerez de la Frontera, Spain.
The 10th-place outfit in last year’s constructor’s championship confirmed the news on its Twitter page this morning after its sporting director, Graeme Lowdon, said earlier this month it was aiming to introduce its new MR03 machine in time for the Jerez sessions.
Marussia has retained their 2013 pairing of France’s Jules Bianchi and England’s Max Chilton, but has flipped from Cosworth to Ferrari power ahead of the start of the V-6 engine era.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: One Sprint Cup title not enough for Brad Keselowski (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s Mikhail Aleshin released from Indianapolis hospital 0
- DA will submit evidence from Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. case to grand jury 12
- Renault’s Taffin: Fuel consumption could well be an issue in Singapore 1
- Jeff Gordon makes strong ‘Drive For Five’ start, also has high praise for Kyle Larson in Chase opener 2
- Keselowski surges between Harvick, Larson to win Chase opener at Chicagoland 0
- For 16 Sprint Cup drivers, the time is here: ready, set, Chase 0