Jan 23, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
The Williams F1 Team is set for its official reveal next week, but released a rendering of its new FW36 Mercedes chassis early on Thursday.
The team’s new challenger is the first rendering to showcase the new “anteater” style nose extension. The team also will test in traditional dark blue livery before revealing a final version later in the winter.
Less heralded but also of note, the Williams team itself has a new logo, with a stylized W that has taken over on the team’s social media accounts.
— Williams F1 Team (@WilliamsF1Team) January 23, 2014
Felipe Massa joins the team for 2014, shifting from Ferrari, while Valtteri Bottas returns for his second season.
Video from NASCAR America
- Gene Haas’ F1 team changes team name, launches new pages 3
- Cindric proposes IndyCar champion Will Power will run No. 1 in 2015 2
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 1
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 3
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 5
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1