Jan 24, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
McLaren has had an official launch today, with Lotus having an unofficial reveal as well. Turns out Ferrari didn’t want to miss out on any news of its own this Friday, either.
The Scuderia has revealed its 2014 challenger will be called the F14 T, which won in a fan vote by less than 20,000 votes over the F166 Turbo option.
The voting concept was announced in December to allow fans the opportunity to pick one of five choices for the new car. Ferrari planned to reveal the car name on Friday, and then take the wraps off the car tomorrow.
More than 200 countries participated in the vote, primarily from Italy but also from “last minute new entries” out of Cuba, Greenland, Palau and Equatorial Guinea.
The vote breakdown and more information can be found here, via Ferrari’s official website.
- Dixon’s latest title a story of consistency, comeback, typical “Ice Man” cool 0
- Double points reverse Montoya’s IndyCar championship hopes (VIDEO) 16
- Scott Dixon captures Sonoma race win and 2015 IndyCar championship (VIDEO) 15
- Robin Miller pays tribute to Justin Wilson (VIDEO) 3
- WATCH LIVE: IndyCar’s championship decided in Sonoma at 1 p.m. PT, 4 ET on NBCSN 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Sonoma (4 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Porsche’s no. 17 car surges to maiden WEC victory in 6 Hours of Nürburgring 2