Jan 24, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
McLaren has had an official launch today, with Lotus having an unofficial reveal as well. Turns out Ferrari didn’t want to miss out on any news of its own this Friday, either.
The Scuderia has revealed its 2014 challenger will be called the F14 T, which won in a fan vote by less than 20,000 votes over the F166 Turbo option.
The voting concept was announced in December to allow fans the opportunity to pick one of five choices for the new car. Ferrari planned to reveal the car name on Friday, and then take the wraps off the car tomorrow.
More than 200 countries participated in the vote, primarily from Italy but also from “last minute new entries” out of Cuba, Greenland, Palau and Equatorial Guinea.
The vote breakdown and more information can be found here, via Ferrari’s official website.
Video from NASCAR America
- Ferrari chairman expects another tough season in 2015 0
- Carl Edwards: “I plan on winning 10 races and the championship” 3
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 1
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 53
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4