Jan 24, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
McLaren has had an official launch today, with Lotus having an unofficial reveal as well. Turns out Ferrari didn’t want to miss out on any news of its own this Friday, either.
The Scuderia has revealed its 2014 challenger will be called the F14 T, which won in a fan vote by less than 20,000 votes over the F166 Turbo option.
The voting concept was announced in December to allow fans the opportunity to pick one of five choices for the new car. Ferrari planned to reveal the car name on Friday, and then take the wraps off the car tomorrow.
More than 200 countries participated in the vote, primarily from Italy but also from “last minute new entries” out of Cuba, Greenland, Palau and Equatorial Guinea.
The vote breakdown and more information can be found here, via Ferrari’s official website.
- Report: Deal for Marcos Ambrose’ return to Australia to race V8 Supercars for Roger Penske may be close 4
- MotorSportsTalk’s Predictions: Hungarian GP 0
- Alexander Rossi joins Marussia as reserve driver 2
- 2014 Hungarian Grand Prix Preview 3
- Bubba Wallace dominates to win MudSummer Classic at Eldora (updated) 3