Jan 24, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
The high number of IndyCar Series drivers and the handful of NASCAR Sprint Cup Series veterans had mixed qualifying sessions for the Rolex 24 at Daytona, opening round of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship season.
Ryan Hunter-Reay will be part of the GTLM class polesitting entry, the No. 91 SRT Motorsports SRT Viper GTS-R, co-driving with Marc Goossens and Dominik Farnbacher.
No other driver of the 10 confirmed 2014 IndyCar drivers in the Rolex 24 field will start higher than fourth in class; still, in a 24-hour race, starting position is not entirely critical.
Jamie McMurray and Kyle Larson are part of the No. 01 and 02 Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates lineups below, and AJ Allmendinger is part of the No. 60 Michael Shank Racing entry. That covers the grid spots for the three NASCAR Sprint Cup Series full-timers in the field.
Here’s the breakdown, via INDYCAR PR:
|Sebastien Bourdais||Action Express Racing||P/4th (Set by Christian Fittipaldi, 1:38.658)|
|Justin Wilson||Michael Shank Racing with Curb/Agajanian||P/10th (Set by Oswaldo Negri, 1:39.761)|
|Scott Dixon/Tony Kanaan||Chip Ganassi Racing||P/6th (Set by Scott Dixon, 1:38.948)|
|Simon Pagenaud||Extreme Speed Motorsports||P/14th (Set by Johannes Van Overbeek, 1:41.885)|
|Ryan Hunter-Reay||SRT Motorsports||GT/1st (Set by Marc Goossens, 1:44.506)|
|Graham Rahal||BMW Team RLL||GT/7th (Set by John Edwards, 1:45.667)|
|Mikhail Aleshin||SMP/ESM Racing||GTD/10th (Set by Mika Salo, 1:47.361)|
|James Hinchcliffe||SpeedSource||P/17th (Set by Sylvain Tremblay, 1:49.734)|
|Ryan Briscoe||Corvette Racing||GT/11th (No time)
Video from NASCAR America
- 2015 Sprint Cup rules to feature reduced testing, less horsepower 2
- COTA: A circuit to behold from the passenger’s seat 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Team Penske pushing for incredible season (VIDEO) 0
- Lotterer: “F1 (racing) isn’t what it used to be anymore” 0
- Joey Logano avoids “yellow fever,” wins at N.H. to advance in Chase 3
- Wreck involves several Chase drivers; Keselowski spins, suffers minor damage 1
- Rosberg reflects on a tough day in Singapore (VIDEO) 2