Jan 24, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
Friday likely will go down in history as an odd day in the state of the Lotus F1 Team.
Earlier this morning, team principal Eric Boullier has left his position, with co-chairman Gerard Lopez taking over the role with immediate effect.
Meanwhile, the team revealed its new E22 via a Twitter post, rather than a conventional manner of an online launch or taking the wraps off at Jerez next week. Lotus, of course, is the only team to confirm it will miss the first test of the new year.
— Lotus F1 Team (@Lotus_F1Team) January 24, 2014
The key technical feature of note at first glance is the “double anteater” nose, which is similar to a structure employed by the second iteration of the Audi R15+ TDI LMP1 prototype.
Otherwise, with limited details revealed on the car’s technical format or quotes from any team officials, it seems something could be out of sync.
Romain Grosjean and Pastor Maldonado will drive the E22 when it debuts; the team’s reserve driver is yet to be revealed. Lotus 2013 reserve driver Davide Valsecchi said he, like Kimi Raikkonen before him, had not been paid, and will likely explore other options.
Video from NASCAR America
- 16-year-old Cole Custer becomes youngest-ever winner of NASCAR national series race 0
- F1 Qualifying Analysis: Missed opportunities allow Hamilton to rule again 0
- Tyler Clary hopes to go from Olympic gold medal swimmer to NASCAR driver 0
- Hamilton snatches Singapore pole away from Rosberg 0
- Fernando Alonso closes out practice in Singapore fastest 0
- Brad Keselowski wins pole for Sunday’s Chase race at New Hampshire 0
- F1 Friday Analysis: Is Lewis the man to beat? 0