Jan 25, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
Yesterday was a strange day in Enstone, as Lotus revealed the first images of their new E22 machine for the 2014 Formula One season but also announced the exodus of former team principal Eric Boullier.
Multiple reports now have the Frenchman as the man in line for the same role at McLaren, where he would replace Martin Whitmarsh as part of expected changes to the team from new/old CEO Ron Dennis.
Boullier’s departure didn’t seem to sit too well with Lotus, who tweeted the E22 photo around the same time yesterday as the start of McLaren’s online launch for the MP4-29.
Then, they proceeded to apparently drop a hint about Boullier’s potential next job. And seeing that this is Lotus we’re talking about, they weren’t very subtle about it:
Hmm, which current Formula One team has shown to have a particular fondness for grey on their cars? Note: You don’t get a prize if you know which one.
Say what you want about Lotus and their social media tactics. But you can’t argue that Formula One is a lot less dull with them around.
- Report: Toto Wolff speaks out against F1′s double points finale 2
- IndyCar: Toronto weekend analysis, musings and observations 0
- NASCAR’s Brian France on RTA’s formation: “We didn’t think it was necessary” 11
- Eldora and Indy putting a lot on Tony Stewart’s plate 0
- Todd Gilliland, 14, outdistances father David, grandfather Butch in first time they’ve all raced together 0