Jan 25, 2014, 1:35 PM EST
Yesterday was a strange day in Enstone, as Lotus revealed the first images of their new E22 machine for the 2014 Formula One season but also announced the exodus of former team principal Eric Boullier.
Multiple reports now have the Frenchman as the man in line for the same role at McLaren, where he would replace Martin Whitmarsh as part of expected changes to the team from new/old CEO Ron Dennis.
Boullier’s departure didn’t seem to sit too well with Lotus, who tweeted the E22 photo around the same time yesterday as the start of McLaren’s online launch for the MP4-29.
Then, they proceeded to apparently drop a hint about Boullier’s potential next job. And seeing that this is Lotus we’re talking about, they weren’t very subtle about it:
Hmm, which current Formula One team has shown to have a particular fondness for grey on their cars? Note: You don’t get a prize if you know which one.
Say what you want about Lotus and their social media tactics. But you can’t argue that Formula One is a lot less dull with them around.
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- Disastrous day for Red Bull as Vettel manages just half a lap (5)