Jan 25, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
Yesterday was a strange day in Enstone, as Lotus revealed the first images of their new E22 machine for the 2014 Formula One season but also announced the exodus of former team principal Eric Boullier.
Multiple reports now have the Frenchman as the man in line for the same role at McLaren, where he would replace Martin Whitmarsh as part of expected changes to the team from new/old CEO Ron Dennis.
Boullier’s departure didn’t seem to sit too well with Lotus, who tweeted the E22 photo around the same time yesterday as the start of McLaren’s online launch for the MP4-29.
Then, they proceeded to apparently drop a hint about Boullier’s potential next job. And seeing that this is Lotus we’re talking about, they weren’t very subtle about it:
Hmm, which current Formula One team has shown to have a particular fondness for grey on their cars? Note: You don’t get a prize if you know which one.
Say what you want about Lotus and their social media tactics. But you can’t argue that Formula One is a lot less dull with them around.
- Hamilton unconcerned by Rosberg’s ‘home’ advantage 0
- Erik Jones channels Kyle Busch, wins Trucks race at Iowa 0
- Mathias Lauda, Niki’s son, wins NASCAR’s first oval race in rain 3
- IndyCar: Scott Dixon leads Ganassi front row sweep in Iowa qualifying 0
- Almirola: Goal is to help RPM teammate Ambrose get into the Chase 1