Mecum Auctions: ’68 Corvette one of several to sell over $500K in Kissimmee (VIDEO) (to be completed)
Jan 26, 2014, 7:12 PM EDT
Today marked the final day of the Mecum Auctions from Kissimmee, Florida, and three classic cars have wound up pulling in sales of more than $500,000 at the event.
The clip below shows the second-highest seller in Kissimmee, a crimson 1968 Chevrolet Corvette L88 Coupe that was a drag racer for its original owner according to Mecum’s description of the machine. That’s fitting considering, again according to Mecum, the L88 was meant to be a racing-only product.
In the end, the L88 went for $530,000. But that was eclipsed by a red/black 1971 Plymouth Hemi Cuda with a 426/425 HP engine – that particular piece went for $560,000.
Also breaking the $500k mark was another L88 Corvette, a 1969 model, that brought down a sum of $510,000 – good for the third-biggest sale at Kissimmee.
- It’s “never-say-die” for Graham Rahal with three races left 0
- Paralyzed driver Michael Johnson returning to track in Pro Mazda 0
- Simon Pagenaud ‘agonizingly close’ to wins at Mid-Ohio, not to success in 2015 0
- With three races left, who could still win in IndyCar, season 2015? 1
- Marcos Ambrose looks to salvage lost season in V8 Supercars, has had no issues ‘moving on’ from NASCAR 6
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 20
- Report: Alex Zanardi keen to make Indianapolis 500 debut 7