Mecum Auctions: ’68 Corvette one of several to sell over $500K in Kissimmee (VIDEO) (to be completed)
Jan 26, 2014, 7:12 PM EDT
Today marked the final day of the Mecum Auctions from Kissimmee, Florida, and three classic cars have wound up pulling in sales of more than $500,000 at the event.
The clip below shows the second-highest seller in Kissimmee, a crimson 1968 Chevrolet Corvette L88 Coupe that was a drag racer for its original owner according to Mecum’s description of the machine. That’s fitting considering, again according to Mecum, the L88 was meant to be a racing-only product.
In the end, the L88 went for $530,000. But that was eclipsed by a red/black 1971 Plymouth Hemi Cuda with a 426/425 HP engine – that particular piece went for $560,000.
Also breaking the $500k mark was another L88 Corvette, a 1969 model, that brought down a sum of $510,000 – good for the third-biggest sale at Kissimmee.
Video from NASCAR America
- After 62 starts, Brad Keselowski finally earns first career Trucks win at Bristol 0
- F1, IndyCar, Red Bull GRC highlight jam-packed motorsports weekend on networks of NBC 0
- Alexander Rossi to make F1 debut in Belgium, replaces Chilton 1
- It’s official: Tony Stewart to miss Bristol race, Jeff Burton to once again drive No. 14 5
- When — or will — Tony Stewart ever race again? 8
- Andre Lotterer confirmed for Caterham debut at Spa 6
- NASCAR: Joe Gibbs hopeful for eventual return of Tony Stewart 12