Mecum Auctions: ’68 Corvette one of several to sell over $500K in Kissimmee (VIDEO) (to be completed)
Jan 26, 2014, 7:12 PM EDT
Today marked the final day of the Mecum Auctions from Kissimmee, Florida, and three classic cars have wound up pulling in sales of more than $500,000 at the event.
The clip below shows the second-highest seller in Kissimmee, a crimson 1968 Chevrolet Corvette L88 Coupe that was a drag racer for its original owner according to Mecum’s description of the machine. That’s fitting considering, again according to Mecum, the L88 was meant to be a racing-only product.
In the end, the L88 went for $530,000. But that was eclipsed by a red/black 1971 Plymouth Hemi Cuda with a 426/425 HP engine – that particular piece went for $560,000.
Also breaking the $500k mark was another L88 Corvette, a 1969 model, that brought down a sum of $510,000 – good for the third-biggest sale at Kissimmee.
Video from NASCAR America
- Gene Haas’ F1 team changes team name, launches new pages 1
- Cindric proposes IndyCar champion Will Power will run No. 1 in 2015 2
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 1
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 3
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 5
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1