Mecum Auctions: ’68 Corvette one of several to sell over $500K in Kissimmee (VIDEO) (to be completed)
Jan 26, 2014, 7:12 PM EDT
Today marked the final day of the Mecum Auctions from Kissimmee, Florida, and three classic cars have wound up pulling in sales of more than $500,000 at the event.
The clip below shows the second-highest seller in Kissimmee, a crimson 1968 Chevrolet Corvette L88 Coupe that was a drag racer for its original owner according to Mecum’s description of the machine. That’s fitting considering, again according to Mecum, the L88 was meant to be a racing-only product.
In the end, the L88 went for $530,000. But that was eclipsed by a red/black 1971 Plymouth Hemi Cuda with a 426/425 HP engine – that particular piece went for $560,000.
Also breaking the $500k mark was another L88 Corvette, a 1969 model, that brought down a sum of $510,000 – good for the third-biggest sale at Kissimmee.
Video from NASCAR America
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 1
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 5
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 10
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 14
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3