Mecum Auctions: ’68 Corvette one of several to sell over $500K in Kissimmee (VIDEO) (to be completed)
Jan 26, 2014, 7:12 PM EST
Today marked the final day of the Mecum Auctions from Kissimmee, Florida, and three classic cars have wound up pulling in sales of more than $500,000 at the event.
The clip below shows the second-highest seller in Kissimmee, a crimson 1968 Chevrolet Corvette L88 Coupe that was a drag racer for its original owner according to Mecum’s description of the machine. That’s fitting considering, again according to Mecum, the L88 was meant to be a racing-only product.
In the end, the L88 went for $530,000. But that was eclipsed by a red/black 1971 Plymouth Hemi Cuda with a 426/425 HP engine – that particular piece went for $560,000.
Also breaking the $500k mark was another L88 Corvette, a 1969 model, that brought down a sum of $510,000 – good for the third-biggest sale at Kissimmee.
Video from NASCAR America
- F1 2014 Driver Review: Lewis Hamilton 0
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 9
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 2
- Sam Hornish Jr. has much to be thankful for: new home, renewed Sprint Cup hopes with Richard Petty Motorsports 5
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 6