Jan 26, 2014, 10:16 AM EDT
Sauber has become the latest Formula One team to officially unveil its 2014 challenger this morning, as it has carried out an online launch for the new Ferrari-powered C33 that Adrian Sutil and Esteban Gutierrez will take into battle this season.
The first pictures of the car actually hit the Internet before the launch. What immediately jumps out at you is the low and long but relatively conservative look of the car’s front end.
While the car is all-new, the team has apparently chosen to retain its predominantly gunmetal gray livery with dashes of red and white. More technical details about the C33 can be found on the Sauber website.
Team principal Monisha Kaltenborn refused to make predictions for the 2014 season in her comments.
“Due to the radical changes in the technical regulations, predictions are simply impossible to make at this stage,” she said. “Even more so than in previous years, any impression of how the teams stand against each other will only emerge once winter testing has been completed. That is also when we will announce our goals for the 2014 season.
“One thing’s for sure: reliability will be of the essence, especially at the beginning of the season.”
Additionally, the team has posted short video interviews with Sutil, Gutierrez, and Kaltenborn to go along with the C33’s reveal:
Video from NASCAR America
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 0
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 0
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 2
- What will NASCAR fans do now that their favorite drivers are eliminated from Chase? 9
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10
- UPDATED: Chase contender Kyle Busch back on track after Lap 102 crash (VIDEO) 0