Jan 26, 2014, 10:16 AM EDT
Sauber has become the latest Formula One team to officially unveil its 2014 challenger this morning, as it has carried out an online launch for the new Ferrari-powered C33 that Adrian Sutil and Esteban Gutierrez will take into battle this season.
The first pictures of the car actually hit the Internet before the launch. What immediately jumps out at you is the low and long but relatively conservative look of the car’s front end.
While the car is all-new, the team has apparently chosen to retain its predominantly gunmetal gray livery with dashes of red and white. More technical details about the C33 can be found on the Sauber website.
Team principal Monisha Kaltenborn refused to make predictions for the 2014 season in her comments.
“Due to the radical changes in the technical regulations, predictions are simply impossible to make at this stage,” she said. “Even more so than in previous years, any impression of how the teams stand against each other will only emerge once winter testing has been completed. That is also when we will announce our goals for the 2014 season.
“One thing’s for sure: reliability will be of the essence, especially at the beginning of the season.”
Additionally, the team has posted short video interviews with Sutil, Gutierrez, and Kaltenborn to go along with the C33’s reveal:
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 0
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 1
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 2
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 1