Jan 26, 2014, 10:16 AM EST
Sauber has become the latest Formula One team to officially unveil its 2014 challenger this morning, as it has carried out an online launch for the new Ferrari-powered C33 that Adrian Sutil and Esteban Gutierrez will take into battle this season.
The first pictures of the car actually hit the Internet before the launch. What immediately jumps out at you is the low and long but relatively conservative look of the car’s front end.
While the car is all-new, the team has apparently chosen to retain its predominantly gunmetal gray livery with dashes of red and white. More technical details about the C33 can be found on the Sauber website.
Team principal Monisha Kaltenborn refused to make predictions for the 2014 season in her comments.
“Due to the radical changes in the technical regulations, predictions are simply impossible to make at this stage,” she said. “Even more so than in previous years, any impression of how the teams stand against each other will only emerge once winter testing has been completed. That is also when we will announce our goals for the 2014 season.
“One thing’s for sure: reliability will be of the essence, especially at the beginning of the season.”
Additionally, the team has posted short video interviews with Sutil, Gutierrez, and Kaltenborn to go along with the C33’s reveal:
Video from NASCAR America
- Merry Christmas from MotorSportsTalk! 2
- Police release report on wreck of brand new $60,000, 707-hp 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat 28
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 7 – Brad Keselowski’s six wins, but falls short of Championship Round 0
- Looking back on motorsports’ 2014 “Festivus” moments 2
- Ferrari chairman expects another tough season in 2015 1
- Carl Edwards: “I plan on winning 10 races and the championship” 10
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 1