Jan 27, 2014, 6:21 PM EDT
To ramp up anticipation for tomorrow’s launch of their new W05 machine for drivers Lewis Hamilton (pictured) and Nico Rosberg, Mercedes has tweeted out a few teaser images of their 2014 challenger this afternoon.
Chief among them is a special message of support on the car for seven-time World Champion Michael Schumacher, who is in stable condition but in a medically-induced coma following a skiing accident in France on Dec. 29.
Schumacher finished out his illustrious career with a three-year run at Mercedes, and it’s clear the team’s thoughts still remain with their former driver.
Also among the images is a shot of the W05’s front end. The nose structure appears to be swooping downward like that of Ferrari’s new car, the F14 T.
But one does wonder what those two structures emanating from the middle could be. Alas, we can’t tell where they’re sticking out to on the car, as things get a little blurry…
Finally, we have what I’m assuming is an overhead shot of a piece of bodywork. If anything, you’ve got to appreciate the checkered-flag motif with the carbon fiber.
As for what the “full package” could be, we’ll have to use our imaginations until morning.
Video from NASCAR America
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 8
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 8
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1