Jan 27, 2014, 6:21 PM EDT
To ramp up anticipation for tomorrow’s launch of their new W05 machine for drivers Lewis Hamilton (pictured) and Nico Rosberg, Mercedes has tweeted out a few teaser images of their 2014 challenger this afternoon.
Chief among them is a special message of support on the car for seven-time World Champion Michael Schumacher, who is in stable condition but in a medically-induced coma following a skiing accident in France on Dec. 29.
Schumacher finished out his illustrious career with a three-year run at Mercedes, and it’s clear the team’s thoughts still remain with their former driver.
Also among the images is a shot of the W05′s front end. The nose structure appears to be swooping downward like that of Ferrari’s new car, the F14 T.
But one does wonder what those two structures emanating from the middle could be. Alas, we can’t tell where they’re sticking out to on the car, as things get a little blurry…
Finally, we have what I’m assuming is an overhead shot of a piece of bodywork. If anything, you’ve got to appreciate the checkered-flag motif with the carbon fiber.
As for what the “full package” could be, we’ll have to use our imaginations until morning.
- Cooler heads prevail as IndyCar drivers test at Texas (VIDEO) 0
- Jeff Gordon has bad news for his rivals: He’s thinking of racing for 10 more years 2
- NASCAR’s birthplace, the Streamline Hotel in Daytona Beach, to get significant makeover 0
- IndyCar remix: Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach (VIDEO) 0
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach Debrief 2
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson do it old school style in a pair of classic pickup trucks (VIDEOS) (5)