Jan 28, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Caterham planned the launch of its CT05 chassis earlier on Tuesday (more info here via the team’s official website), but the Leafield-based team saw it delayed a couple hours with teething issues that were discovered.
When pictures did begin to emerge of the new chassis, the first thing that immediately jumped out was its take on the new nose assembly.
Unlike the other chassis revealed thus far, the new nose extension actually comes out from underneath the chassis, almost in a lower second tier.
Kamui Kobayashi put a photo out of the nose; he’ll be observing for most of this week with his race teammate Marcus Ericsson in the new car on Tuesday and Wednesday in Jerez, while reserve driver Robin Frijns will drive on Thursday and Kobayashi finally in on Friday.
American Alexander Rossi, who has also been confirmed with Caterham in a second season of testing and in GP2, offered his thoughts on F1′s new era when at Daytona International Speedway this weekend for the Rolex 24. Rossi co-drove the DeltaWing coupe.
“It’s an interesting time for the sport; hopefully, it will kind of equalize things,” he told MotorSportsTalk. “At the same time, there’s quite a bit of apprehension about how it will all work. It’s going to be very interesting next weekend.”
Rossi was due to fly direct to Spain after the weekend in Daytona to catch up with the team.
- Australian GP wide open, both from past stats and preseason tests 0
- For Josef Newgarden, year three is chance to enter IndyCar’s elite 1
- Kanaan set for more than just Indy 500 success with Ganassi switch in 2014 2
- Keselowski wins in Vegas as Dale Jr. runs dry on final lap 2
- NHRA king John Force charging as hard in boardroom for new sponsors as on the dragstrip 0
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix (7)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- NNS: Elliott’s car found too low, shock taken from Keselowski’s car (6)