Jan 28, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT
Red Bull Racing has taken the wraps off the car it hopes will continue the team’s dominance of Formula One into the new 1.6L V6 turbocharged era of the sport.
The RB10 has some similar stylings at the nose assembly compared to the sister Scuderia Toro Rosso chassis, revealed yesterday, although the Red Bull’s nose appears a bit shorter from a front-on viewpoint.
“The second big change this year really revolves around the aerodynamics,” Red Bull’s Adrian Newey said in a video released by the team. “It sounds quite a small change, but a 75mm, roughly 3 inch reduction in width of the wing on each side was done to reduce the chances of a wing being knocked off when two cars collide. It has a big aerodynamic effect.”
The rest of Newey’s technical expertise, as well as thoughts from four-time World Champion Sebastian Vettel, new teammate Daniel Ricciardo and team principal Christian Horner, follow in team videos that are linked below.
- VIDEO: Chinese GP Paddock Pass 0
- BREAKING NEWS: Swan Racing’s future in NASCAR in question 1
- Long Beach weekend atmosphere thrills Roger Daltrey, as he promotes Teen Cancer America 0
- Cooler heads prevail as IndyCar drivers test at Texas (VIDEO) 0
- Jeff Gordon has bad news for his rivals: He’s thinking of racing for 10 more years 2
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson do it old school style in a pair of classic pickup trucks (VIDEOS) (5)