Jan 29, 2014, 1:04 PM EST
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — As one of the most popular and publicized athletes on the planet, there are few secrets about NASCAR driver Danica Patrick that aren’t already known.
That is until Wednesday when Patrick’s boyfriend and fellow NASCAR Sprint Cup driver Ricky Stenhouse Jr., was asked by MotorSportsTalk if there was something he could reveal about Patrick that isn’t common knowledge.
Stenhouse took the question in good fashion, pondered his response and then surprised a bunch of reporters who aren’t very easily surprised by anything in the sport.
“I learned this offseason that she’s a really good painter,” Stenhouse said. “She started painting. We were at a friend’s house and my friend’s wife and her mom and their daughter were painting, and Danica started painting.
“She painted this picture of this barn and this tree that she was looking at, and it turned out real well. So I built the frame for it and we put it up in the house. I think she was a little surprised that I was surprised. I didn’t think she could do that, but it turned out pretty good.”
Apparently Patrick’s penchant for painting may have stemmed from the highly-publicized body painting commercial she did for GoDaddy.com and was featured on the 2012 Super Bowl telecast.
Stenhouse won’t be following in his girlfriend’s brush strokes, though, any time soon. He may be talented behind the wheel, but certainly not with canvas, an easel and a paint palette.
“No, I’m definitely not a painter,” Stenhouse said. “I can paint walls, but I’m not going to paint you a scene.”
Danica Patrick, race car driver, pin up icon, commercial spokeswoman and, of course, a GoDaddy girl has an artistic side? Could she soon be the Picasso of NASCAR?
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 1
- Kyle Busch says Toyota teams are “idiots” by not working close together 7
- Brian France: State of NASCAR is in a good place and getting better 2
- NASCAR Hall of Famer Dale Jarrett to join NASCAR coverage on NBC, NBCSN 4
- F1: Lotus releases images of its new Mercedes-powered E23 2
- NASCAR Media Tour begins today, but drivers still in idle 2
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. ponders a 24-hour NASCAR race 8