Jan 29, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
The latest partner announcement for Richard Petty Motorsports, which has also confirmed Smithfield Foods’ extension and Twisted Tea as a new partner for Marcos Ambrose, is that of the U.S. Air Force continuing with the No. 43 Ford driven by Aric Almirola.
Almirola will drive the No. 43 Air Force Racing Ford Memorial Day weekend at Charlotte Motor Speedway and the Fourth of July weekend race at Daytona International Speedway. In addition, Almirola will continue to support at-track swear-ins for the Delayed Entry Program (DEP) and entertain active duty military guests.
The Air Force remains as a full-time associate sponsor for the car, as well.
Video from NASCAR America
- Andre Lotterer confirmed for Caterham debut at Spa 3
- NASCAR: Joe Gibbs hopeful for eventual return of Tony Stewart 12
- The 2014 Milwaukee IndyFest weekend high on promise, with more positives than negatives 5
- NASCAR’s worst-kept secret is official: Carl Edwards joins Joe Gibbs Racing from 2015 4
- Report: Comcast’s Xfinity, NASCAR closer to series sponsorship deal 0
- Toro Rosso names Max Verstappen for 2015 race seat, to become youngest driver in F1 history 3
- Chase outlook brighter for some, cloudy for others after Michigan 0