Jan 29, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
The latest partner announcement for Richard Petty Motorsports, which has also confirmed Smithfield Foods’ extension and Twisted Tea as a new partner for Marcos Ambrose, is that of the U.S. Air Force continuing with the No. 43 Ford driven by Aric Almirola.
Almirola will drive the No. 43 Air Force Racing Ford Memorial Day weekend at Charlotte Motor Speedway and the Fourth of July weekend race at Daytona International Speedway. In addition, Almirola will continue to support at-track swear-ins for the Delayed Entry Program (DEP) and entertain active duty military guests.
The Air Force remains as a full-time associate sponsor for the car, as well.
- DiZinno: Mid-Ohio a dream weekend for Rahal, IndyCar, fans 0
- Dates for 2016 IndyCar schedule starting to come together 7
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 5
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 1
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 4
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 13
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 5