Jan 29, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
The latest partner announcement for Richard Petty Motorsports, which has also confirmed Smithfield Foods’ extension and Twisted Tea as a new partner for Marcos Ambrose, is that of the U.S. Air Force continuing with the No. 43 Ford driven by Aric Almirola.
Almirola will drive the No. 43 Air Force Racing Ford Memorial Day weekend at Charlotte Motor Speedway and the Fourth of July weekend race at Daytona International Speedway. In addition, Almirola will continue to support at-track swear-ins for the Delayed Entry Program (DEP) and entertain active duty military guests.
The Air Force remains as a full-time associate sponsor for the car, as well.
- IndyCar beats the rain, Castroneves, Penske beats the field in Barber qualifying (VIDEO) 1
- WSR: Rowland wins Formula Renault 3.5 season-opener at Motorland Aragon 0
- Preview: Barber marks end of IndyCar’s first quarter of 2015 (VIDEO) 0
- Ryan Hunter-Reay looks to right 2015 season by completing winning trilogy at Barber Motorsports Park 0
- As GP2 turns 10 years old, where is the Class of ’05 now? 0
- Here’s your IndyCar times for this weekend’s Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama 0
- F1: Year-on-year, Ferrari’s gains, Mercedes’ continued edge reins after four races 1