Jan 31, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Red Bull packed up early Friday from Jerez due to various teething problems. Fellow Renault power unit squad Caterham also ended a bit early, as well.
The Leafield squad completed 76 laps this week, 54 of which came today with new recruit Kamui Kobayashi and at an unrepresentative best lap of 1:43.193. The team still said it had a “more productive Friday.”
The productivity ended, however, with a Power Unit component issue ending the day a little ahead of schedule.
On the bright side for Caterham, it got in 50-plus more laps than Red Bull this week, and 76 more than Lotus, which opted not to attend the Jerez test.
On the not-so-bright side, despite all the laps, that best time today was nearly 20 seconds off the leading times ran on Thursday, when the Mercedes-powered McLaren of Kevin Magnussen ended on top at a 1:23.276.
We’ll see the next steps of Caterham’s development process from here.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 13
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 5
- Open letter from Kevin Ward Jr.’s aunt questions Tony Stewart, evidence of marijuana in nephew’s system 47
- Kyle Busch outduels Joey Logano for Nationwide win in Dover 2