Jan 31, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
The Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing IndyCar team already bolstered its engineering staff when it announced Bill Pappas would join the team last fall.
It’s added to that personnel enhancement with Thursday’s confirmation John Dick, like Pappas, is also coming over to RLL from Dale Coyne Racing.
Dick will take over as RLL’s Head of Research and Development, replacing Gerry Hughes, who was reassigned midway through 2013. Hughes returns to England after two years in America with the RLL squad.
Dick, who has over 37 years of racing experience, was the race engineer for Team Rahal driver Max Papis in 2001, and the combination produced two wins and one pole. With Coyne last year, Dick engineered the No. 18 Honda, which won Detroit Race 1 with Mike Conway.
“It’s great to have John back with the team,” team co-owner Bobby Rahal said in a release. “His experience and knowledge is a great compliment to the existing staff we have assembled with race engineers Bill Pappas and Eddie Jones. John is a key element to our plan to expand our technical department and will oversee testing and development.”
Pappas and Jones will continue to engineer RLL’s two Honda-powered cars, the second of which still does not have a confirmed driver.
Graham Rahal teased a “personnel” move at the Rolex 24 at Daytona over the weekend.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR schedule reveals some potential 2015 IndyCar schedule hints; Texas IndyCar returns 2
- Kevin Harvick riled at Tony Stewart portrayal in Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy 89
- Like a good stew, 2015 Sprint Cup schedule and new Chase format need time to simmer for best taste 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: How did the 2015 schedule come together? (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR announces 2015 Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and Truck Series schedules (VIDEO) 4
- FIA won’t punish Nico Rosberg after Belgian GP incident with Lewis Hamilton 14
- Will Power once again in position for IndyCar title – but this time feels different 1