Feb 1, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
The FIA World Endurance Championship will end its 2014 season at Interlagos in Sao Paulo, Brazil – same as where Formula One has ended for a number of years, except this year.
A date shift sees the Brazilian round of the eight-race series now the curtain-closer on November 30; it had originally been scheduled for the last weekend in August.
But series organizers said that with the country’s focus on the World Cup in June and July, the track now being unavailable that August weekend and the need to prep the track for the F1 race on November 9, it only made sense to move the race back.
That means that after the 24 Hours of Le Mans June 14-15, there’s a mammoth three-month gap in the schedule until the next round, September 20, at Austin’s Circuit of the Americas. The COTA round was officially confirmed following a meeting between the ACO, IMSA and COTA at Daytona this weekend.
Meanwhile, the month of November has three race weekends in China, Bahrain and Brazil. Go figure.
The official calendar:
|Official Test Le Castellet||FRA||28-29 March|
|24 Heures du Mans Test||FRA||01 June|
|24 Heures du Mans||FRA||14/15 June|
|Circuit of the Americas||USA||18-20 September|
|Shanghai||CHN||31 October -2 November|
|Sao Paulo||BRA||28-30 November|
- As NHRA closes in on 100 wins by female racers, it all started with one of the greatest, Shirley Muldowney 0
- Brad Keselowski: Changes overdue to Sprint Cup schedule; offers his ideas 4
- Richard Petty to return at Richmond, first race since wife Lynda’s death 1
- NASCAR VP: 2015 Sprint Cup engine package to be revealed before All-Star Race 0
- Too much, too fast, too soon: The sad saga of Swan Racing 0
More from NASCAR America
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (13)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)