Feb 1, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
The struggles incurred by Red Bull Racing at Jerez this week have caused some concerns, but not for the team’s new driver Daniel Ricciardo.
The Australian, who’s seemingly always smiling, told reporters after the team stopped running that he’s confident the teething and mechanical issues can be sorted.
“It’s a complex system this year and it’s not going to take 24 hours to solve,” he said, via Sky Sports. “Okay, yeah, it didn’t work so good the last few days, but the confidence I have in these guys to solve the problem we have now is higher than it could be. For that I have a smile on my face and I know we won’t have these conversations for too much longer.”
Ricciardo barely got double digit laps in for his first official session as a Red Bull driver. But the team is optimistic it got the rough bits out of the way in this test, and will be back to running longer stints at Bahrain later this month.
- INDYCAR confirms more aero kit updates coming to Long Beach 0
- Rocky Moran Jr. to replace Huertas in Coyne’s No. 18 for Long Beach 7
- Rosberg heads up Mercedes one-two in Bahrain FP2 1
- Kimi Raikkonen quickest in first practice for Bahrain GP 2
- F1 Paddock Pass: Bahrain Grand Prix (VIDEO) 1
- 2015 Bahrain Grand Prix Preview 0
- Preview: Anyone’s game as IndyCar heads to historic Long Beach 1