Feb 1, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
The struggles incurred by Red Bull Racing at Jerez this week have caused some concerns, but not for the team’s new driver Daniel Ricciardo.
The Australian, who’s seemingly always smiling, told reporters after the team stopped running that he’s confident the teething and mechanical issues can be sorted.
“It’s a complex system this year and it’s not going to take 24 hours to solve,” he said, via Sky Sports. “Okay, yeah, it didn’t work so good the last few days, but the confidence I have in these guys to solve the problem we have now is higher than it could be. For that I have a smile on my face and I know we won’t have these conversations for too much longer.”
Ricciardo barely got double digit laps in for his first official session as a Red Bull driver. But the team is optimistic it got the rough bits out of the way in this test, and will be back to running longer stints at Bahrain later this month.
- NASCAR’s Brian France on RTA’s formation: “We didn’t think it was necessary” 6
- Eldora and Indy putting a lot on Tony Stewart’s plate 0
- Todd Gilliland, 14, outdistances father David, grandfather Butch in first time they’ve all raced together 0
- Conway bags second Toronto win thanks to pit gamble, great restart (VIDEO) 4
- German GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1