Feb 3, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
There’s not a need to draw too much in the way of conclusions after Formula One’s first test in Jerez last week, except these:
- Mercedes powerplants ran hundreds of laps (875 total laps).
- Renault powerplants did not (151).
- Ferrari split the difference (444).
- This marked the first time teams could get any sort of extended running on the 2014 Pirelli compounds.
- Kevin Magnussen delivered as excellent a first impression as a confirmed Grand Prix driver as was possible.
- Teams will still have a lot of work to do in the factories before the next test, Feb. 19-22 in Bahrain.
1. Kevin Magnussen, McLaren-Mercedes, 1m 23.276s, 162 Laps 2. Felipe Massa, Williams-Mercedes, 1m 23.700s, 133 3. Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, 1m 23.952s, 121 4. Jenson Button, McLaren-Mercedes, 1m 24.165s, 83 5. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 1m 24.812s, 78 6. Valtteri Bottas, Williams-Mercedes, 1m 25.344s, 42 7. Fernando Alonso, Ferrari, 1m 25.495s, 173 8. Nico Rosberg, Mercedes, 1m 25.588s, 188 9. Nico Hulkenberg, Force India-Mercedes, 1m 26.096s, 17 10. Sergio Perez, Force India-Mercedes, 1m 28.376s, 48 11. Daniel Juncadella, Force India-Mercedes, 1m 29.457s, 81 12. Jean-Eric Vergne, Toro Rosso-Renault, 1m 29.915s, 45 13. Adrian Sutil, Sauber-Ferrari, 1m 30.161s, 103 14. Jules Bianchi, Marussia-Ferrari, 1m 32.222s, 25 15. Esteban Gutierrez, Sauber-Ferrari, 1m 33.270s, 60 16. Marcus Ericsson, Caterham-Renault, 1m 37.975s, 12 17. Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull-Renault, 1m 38.320s, 11 18. Kamui Kobayashi, Caterham-Renault, 1m 43.193s, 54 19. Daniil Kvyat, Toro Rosso-Renault, 1m 44.016s, 9 20. Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull-Renault, 1m 45.374s, 10 21. Robin Frijns, Caterham-Renault, No time, 10 22. Max Chilton, Marussia-Ferrari, No time, 5
Oct 20, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Recapping Talladega on NASCAR AMERICA.
Oct 20, 2014, 6:01 PM EDT
A great post-season for Busch was erased by a mid-race crash on Sunday at Talladega, but crew chief Dave Rogers says there’s no point in blaming the rules of the new Chase.
Oct 20, 2014, 5:09 PM EDT
Miami Formula E circuit revealed.
Oct 20, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Prepare to have this track bouncing in your head all day.
Oct 20, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
What to know heading into the next round of NASCAR’s Chase.
Oct 20, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
They say they always do things bigger in Texas, and that phrase would perfectly describe legendary former drag racer and NASCAR team owner Raymond Beadle.
Oct 20, 2014, 3:07 PM EDT
Coby finishes 17th in the season finale at Thompson (Conn.) Speedway, but earns the 2014 series title by 22 points over race winner Ryan Preece.
Oct 20, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Turner on the move to PWC from IMSA.
Oct 20, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Beadle helped bring the “Blue Max” brand to prominence in drag racing, and guided NASCAR legend Rusty Wallace to his lone Winston Cup title.
Oct 20, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
DTM champion will test for Toro Rosso.
Oct 20, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Both of Team Penske’s drivers advance to Eliminator round of Chase, which saves the ignominy of one of the winningest drivers this year going home.
Oct 20, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
The organization says it will make a full presentation on its findings during the next World Motor Sport Council meeting in December.
Oct 20, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
Love him or loathe him, Keselowski deserves respect for coming through in the clutch like he did on Sunday.
Oct 20, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
After Cassill, Kvapil’s sixth leads a quartet of more surprise drivers in top-20 Sunday at Talladega.
Oct 20, 2014, 11:20 AM EDT
Ricciardo comes to the U.S. early for Supercross.
Oct 20, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
A potential nightmare situation for Sprint Cup’s new Chase still exists, in the form of two as-yet winless drivers still battling for a title in 2014.
Oct 20, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Career day for Landon Cassill ends not only with his first Cup top-five, but first top-10.
Oct 20, 2014, 9:21 AM EDT
Nico Hulkenberg gets another year with Force India.
Oct 19, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
The Captain doesn’t mind some emotion and edge from his veteran driver.
Oct 19, 2014, 8:19 PM EDT
If you’re a hardcore NASCAR fan, even if your favorite driver has been eliminated for the remainder of the Chase for the Sprint Cup, you’re probably asking a very poignant question: Now what?
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 7 p.m. ET recaps Talladega 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 1
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 0
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 2
- What will NASCAR fans do now that their favorite drivers are eliminated from Chase? 9
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10