Feb 3, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Four IndyCar teams were projected to test on Monday at Sebring International Raceway, to kick off February’s testing schedule. The rest of the month will see teams largely head west to California.
Per the official IndyCar testing schedule, Dale Coyne Racing (Justin Wilson and a second driver TBD), Schmidt Peterson’s Simon Pagenaud and Mikhail Aleshin, Panther Racing’s Carlos Huertas and an unnamed driver for Bryan Herta Autosport (likely Luca Filippi, but not confirmed) are listed for a single-day test today. Thus far, only SPM has tweeted its presence on site, via team manager Rob Edwards.
Wilson’s test would be his first running in an IndyCar since his accident in the season finale at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana last year. But the Englishman was back in racing action a little more than a week ago at the Rolex 24 at Daytona.
Pagenaud and Huertas are also listed to test on Tuesday, and will be joined by two other teams. Ed Carpenter Racing’s Mike Conway will be back in action and Andretti Autosport’s quartet of Hondas – Ryan Hunter-Reay, James Hinchcliffe, Marco Andretti and Carlos Munoz – is also listed.
The remainder of the schedule, as it stands now, is listed below by team:
- Chip Ganassi Racing (Scott Dixon, Tony Kanaan, Ryan Briscoe, Charlie Kimball): Feb. 10, Auto Club Speedway; Feb. 12, Sonoma Raceway
- Team Penske (Juan Pablo Montoya, Helio Castroneves, Will Power): Feb. 10, Auto Club Speedway; Feb. 12, Sonoma Raceway; Feb. 20, Barber Motorsports Park
- KV Racing Technology (Sebastien Bourdais, second driver TBD): Feb. 10, Auto Club Speedway; Feb. 12, Sonoma Raceway
- Ed Carpenter Racing (Ed Carpenter, Mike Conway): Feb. 10, Auto Club Speedway (Carpenter); Feb. 12, Sonoma Raceway (Conway)
- Schmidt Peterson Motorsports (Simon Pagenaud, Mikhail Aleshin): Feb. 12, Sonoma Raceway
- A.J. Foyt Racing (Takuma Sato): Feb. 12, Sonoma Raceway
- Dale Coyne Racing (Justin Wilson, second driver TBD): Feb. 17, Sebring International Raceway
- Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing (Josef Newgarden): Feb. 17, Sebring International Raceway
- Bryan Herta Autosport (driver TBD): Feb. 17, Sebring International Raceway
Video from NASCAR America
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 1
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 8
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1