Feb 3, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Turner Scott Motorsports’ 2014 efforts have changed in the last few days. One of its drivers, who was poised for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series title, is now out of a full-time ride, while another driver will have a chance at a full-time season in the NASCAR Nationwide Series ranks.
The bad news first: Jeb Burton‘s No. 4 Truck team was shuttered over the weekend, when sponsor Arrowhead electronic cigarettes defaulted on payments. Burton won his first race in 2013 and finished fifth in points; he was a likely title contender in 2014.
“Racing is kind of my whole life, and to have it kind of taken from me because of something I don’t have any control over is devastating to my family and I,” said the son of former Daytona 500 champion Ward Burton, via NASCAR.com.
On the Nationwide side, TSM confirmed Dylan Kwasniewski, 18, will compete in a full season with sponsor Rockstar Energy Drink in the No. 31 Chevrolet Camaro. Kwasniewski is the 2013 NASCAR K&N Pro Series East champion.
“The test session earlier this month at Daytona taught us a lot and it’s good to enter Daytona with a level of confidence, not only for myself, but for Pat (Tryson) and all the guys,” he said in a release. The aforementioned Pat is Pat Tryson, who will be his crew chief this year.
Kyle Larson is also set for a full year in Nationwide for TSM, to go along with his Sprint Cup Series commitments with Chip Ganassi Racing.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1
- Insight: Planning Andretti’s Sports Marketing promotional efforts at Miami and NOLA 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 2
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 3
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 4