Feb 5, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
Swan Racing has a new associate sponsor – 50 Cent and his SMS Audio brand. The consumer electronics manufacturer of headphones and audio products, founded by the entertainer, will be on board the No. 26 (Cole Whitt) and 30 (Parker Kligerman) Toyotas each of the next two years.
“Swan Racing is very proud to partner with a growing worldwide brand like SMS Audio and to include an entrepreneur like 50 Cent as part of our team,” team owner Brandon Davis said in a release. “The SMS Audio brand will be part of both our cars and I think our fans are going to love the product.”
50 Cent, whose full name is Curtis Jackson, made an appearance at last year’s Daytona 500. But the headlines from there revolved on his awkward attempt to kiss FOX Sports reporter Erin Andrews on the grid.
- Schumacher “still in the wake up phase” 0
- Driver, team owner and now actor: Tony Stewart’s first edition of ‘Smoke is The Bandit’ is released (video) 0
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed 5
- Williams launches new livery, confirms Martini partnership 3
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix 4
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- UPDATED: FIA decision on Haas, new F1 teams delayed (5)
- BHA announces The Collection Auto Group and Castrol as sponsors; driver TBD (5)