Feb 5, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
Swan Racing has a new associate sponsor – 50 Cent and his SMS Audio brand. The consumer electronics manufacturer of headphones and audio products, founded by the entertainer, will be on board the No. 26 (Cole Whitt) and 30 (Parker Kligerman) Toyotas each of the next two years.
“Swan Racing is very proud to partner with a growing worldwide brand like SMS Audio and to include an entrepreneur like 50 Cent as part of our team,” team owner Brandon Davis said in a release. “The SMS Audio brand will be part of both our cars and I think our fans are going to love the product.”
50 Cent, whose full name is Curtis Jackson, made an appearance at last year’s Daytona 500. But the headlines from there revolved on his awkward attempt to kiss FOX Sports reporter Erin Andrews on the grid.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 7 p.m. ET recaps Talladega 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 1
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 1
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 3
- What will NASCAR fans do now that their favorite drivers are eliminated from Chase? 9
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10