Feb 5, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
Swan Racing has a new associate sponsor – 50 Cent and his SMS Audio brand. The consumer electronics manufacturer of headphones and audio products, founded by the entertainer, will be on board the No. 26 (Cole Whitt) and 30 (Parker Kligerman) Toyotas each of the next two years.
“Swan Racing is very proud to partner with a growing worldwide brand like SMS Audio and to include an entrepreneur like 50 Cent as part of our team,” team owner Brandon Davis said in a release. “The SMS Audio brand will be part of both our cars and I think our fans are going to love the product.”
50 Cent, whose full name is Curtis Jackson, made an appearance at last year’s Daytona 500. But the headlines from there revolved on his awkward attempt to kiss FOX Sports reporter Erin Andrews on the grid.
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy 200 at 1:30 p.m. ET on CNBC, Live Extra 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Mid-Ohio (1:30 p.m. ET, CNBC and Live Extra) 0
- Hunter-Reay fastest in final Mid-Ohio warm up despite spinning out 0
- Cole Custer sails to first career ARCA win at Pocono, 9th first-time winner in series in 2015 0
- Dixon crushes lap record to score pole in Mid-Ohio (VIDEO) 1
- Johansson: Haas has done its homework ahead of F1 entry 1
- Dixon quickest with unofficial lap record in final practice at Mid-Ohio 0