Feb 5, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
Swan Racing has a new associate sponsor – 50 Cent and his SMS Audio brand. The consumer electronics manufacturer of headphones and audio products, founded by the entertainer, will be on board the No. 26 (Cole Whitt) and 30 (Parker Kligerman) Toyotas each of the next two years.
“Swan Racing is very proud to partner with a growing worldwide brand like SMS Audio and to include an entrepreneur like 50 Cent as part of our team,” team owner Brandon Davis said in a release. “The SMS Audio brand will be part of both our cars and I think our fans are going to love the product.”
50 Cent, whose full name is Curtis Jackson, made an appearance at last year’s Daytona 500. But the headlines from there revolved on his awkward attempt to kiss FOX Sports reporter Erin Andrews on the grid.
- Vettel suspects Mercedes of sandbagging during practice 1
- Mattiacci determined to turn around Ferrari’s failing season 4
- Hamilton recovers in FP2 to edge out Alonso and Rosberg 0
- Alonso fastest in first practice for Chinese GP 1
- Flashback to when a 67-second pit stop at the Indy 500 was fast vs. a modern-day F1 stop (video) 5
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Former FIA prez Max Mosley rubbishes F1′s ongoing noise saga (6)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson do it old school style in a pair of classic pickup trucks (VIDEOS) (5)