Feb 6, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Carlos Munoz got his first running of 2014 – and second since being confirmed as an official full-season driver for Andretti Autosport in November – during testing at Sebring earlier this week.
Times weren’t revealed but Munoz, who will drive the No. 34 Cinsay-backed Honda, felt good to be running again.
“I have to work quite a lot to have the car 100 percent at St. Pete,” Munoz told IndyCar.com. “It will be an interesting season so I have to work a lot and push a lot.”
Another Colombian Carlos, this time Carlos Huertas at Panther Racing, got his second test of the year in earlier this week as well. Also via IndyCar.com, Huertas said, “At the moment, things are looking promising in my view” in regards to the team’s open seat.
The matter of the National Guard’s sponsorship for 2014 was still yet to be settled, officially, until Thursday. Still, the revised Panther livery – showcasing only its two associate sponsors Charter and Lincoln Tech – spoke louder than words.
If Huertas joins the grid, that would make three Colombians in the field, along with Munoz and the returning Juan Pablo Montoya.
- Simon Pagenaud ‘agonizingly close’ to wins at Mid-Ohio, not to success in 2015 0
- With three races left, who could still win in IndyCar, season 2015? 0
- Marcos Ambrose looks to salvage lost season in V8 Supercars, has had no issues ‘moving on’ from NASCAR 6
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 19
- Report: Alex Zanardi keen to make Indianapolis 500 debut 7
- Ten with Townsend: Milwaukee and Iowa debrief 0
- For Dixon, it’s likely Mid-Ohio or bust in terms of 2015 IndyCar title hopes 0