Feb 7, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Its flagship race is held in October, but for Mount Panorama, February is also a big month with the annual Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour this weekend.
The endurance race is held on the same course as the Australian V8 Supercars race in the iconic Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000. The 12-hour race features a heavy mix of GT3 contenders from manufacturers such as Mercedes-Benz, Audi, Nissan, McLaren, Lamborghini, Ferrari and Porsche to name but a few.
Erebus Motorsport won the race overall in 2013, with the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 driven by Bernd Schneider, Thomas Jaeger and Alexander Roloff. Schneider and Erebus are back to defend the title in 2014, with co-drivers Maro Engel and Nicolas Bastian.
V8 drivers competing include Craig Lowndes, Will Davison, Jason Bright, Warren Luff, Rick Kelly, Craig Baird, Steve Richards, Dean Canto, Tony D’Alberto and Karl Reindler. Audi aces Rene Rast and Markus Winkelhock make the trek to Australia after competing in the Rolex 24 at Daytona two weekends ago.
Others of note include Oliver Gavin and Americans Patrick Long and Kevin Gleason.
Video from NASCAR America
- Tony Stewart: ‘This is a sadness and pain that I hope no one has to experience in their life’ 5
- The most memorable moments of IndyCar 2014 (so far) 0
- Mercedes drivers “remain free to race” following meeting today 2
- With nothing to lose, IndyCar title contender Pagenaud charges into Fontana 0
- Tony Stewart’s return to NASCAR may be one of hardest things he’s ever done 33
- Tony Stewart to return to race at Atlanta this weekend 22
- Team Penske on verge of ending 8-year IndyCar title drought 0