Feb 7, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
In 1 minute and 19 seconds, Mercedes has managed to do what no one else in Formula One has with regard to the raft of new 2014 rules: poke fun at them publicly.
Drivers Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg share their reactions, uncut, when a narrator broadcasts some of the changes coming down the pike like the new 1.6L engines, a pole trophy and of course, the double points finale in Abu Dhabi.
Yes, they’re hamming it up for the cameras. But seeing them in this light, instead of giving your bland, corporate speak answers of “oh, double points will make it more interesting” or “we have to work on our reliability” is a nice touch.
Bravo, Mercedes. May your snark guide your car development and results in 2014.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 1
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 2
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 4
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1
- Tony Stewart’s comeback hopes end with rough 41st-place finish at Atlanta 2
- Tony Stewart the obvious fan favorite during pre-race introductions at Atlanta 3