Feb 7, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
In 1 minute and 19 seconds, Mercedes has managed to do what no one else in Formula One has with regard to the raft of new 2014 rules: poke fun at them publicly.
Drivers Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg share their reactions, uncut, when a narrator broadcasts some of the changes coming down the pike like the new 1.6L engines, a pole trophy and of course, the double points finale in Abu Dhabi.
Yes, they’re hamming it up for the cameras. But seeing them in this light, instead of giving your bland, corporate speak answers of “oh, double points will make it more interesting” or “we have to work on our reliability” is a nice touch.
Bravo, Mercedes. May your snark guide your car development and results in 2014.
- Castroneves secures pole in IndyCar qualifying at Long Beach 1
- Hamilton eases to fourth straight pole position in Bahrain 0
- Hamilton closes out Bahrain GP practice on top 0
- INDYCAR confirms more aero kit updates coming to Long Beach 1
- Rocky Moran Jr. to replace Huertas in Coyne’s No. 18 for Long Beach 7
- Rosberg heads up Mercedes one-two in Bahrain FP2 1
- Kimi Raikkonen quickest in first practice for Bahrain GP 2