Feb 7, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
In 1 minute and 19 seconds, Mercedes has managed to do what no one else in Formula One has with regard to the raft of new 2014 rules: poke fun at them publicly.
Drivers Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg share their reactions, uncut, when a narrator broadcasts some of the changes coming down the pike like the new 1.6L engines, a pole trophy and of course, the double points finale in Abu Dhabi.
Yes, they’re hamming it up for the cameras. But seeing them in this light, instead of giving your bland, corporate speak answers of “oh, double points will make it more interesting” or “we have to work on our reliability” is a nice touch.
Bravo, Mercedes. May your snark guide your car development and results in 2014.
- After safety concerns, NASCAR announces changes to qualifying 0
- Red Bull’s Horner says Mercedes could lap field twice in Oz 0
- Complete 2014 F1 on NBC Sports TV Times, Schedule 0
- Keselowski’s crew chief on cooldown issue: “It’s a tough spot” 1
- IndyCar’s “nearly” man, Justin Wilson, set to overachieve once more 0
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix (7)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- NNS: Elliott’s car found too low, shock taken from Keselowski’s car (6)
- Report: F1 apparently headed for Azerbaijan in 2015 or 2016 (5)
- The Dos Equis guy will give NASCAR’s start your engines command in Las Vegas (5)