Feb 7, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
In 1 minute and 19 seconds, Mercedes has managed to do what no one else in Formula One has with regard to the raft of new 2014 rules: poke fun at them publicly.
Drivers Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg share their reactions, uncut, when a narrator broadcasts some of the changes coming down the pike like the new 1.6L engines, a pole trophy and of course, the double points finale in Abu Dhabi.
Yes, they’re hamming it up for the cameras. But seeing them in this light, instead of giving your bland, corporate speak answers of “oh, double points will make it more interesting” or “we have to work on our reliability” is a nice touch.
Bravo, Mercedes. May your snark guide your car development and results in 2014.
Video from NASCAR America
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 1
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 16