Feb 7, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
In 1 minute and 19 seconds, Mercedes has managed to do what no one else in Formula One has with regard to the raft of new 2014 rules: poke fun at them publicly.
Drivers Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg share their reactions, uncut, when a narrator broadcasts some of the changes coming down the pike like the new 1.6L engines, a pole trophy and of course, the double points finale in Abu Dhabi.
Yes, they’re hamming it up for the cameras. But seeing them in this light, instead of giving your bland, corporate speak answers of “oh, double points will make it more interesting” or “we have to work on our reliability” is a nice touch.
Bravo, Mercedes. May your snark guide your car development and results in 2014.
Video from NASCAR America
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 0
- What now if your favorite driver is eliminated from Chase? 1
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10
- UPDATED: Chase contender Kyle Busch back on track after Lap 102 crash (VIDEO) 0
- Faced with must-win scenarios, Earnhardt, Johnson lead halfway at Talladega 0
- Surprising revelation: Dale Jr. admits he coasted earlier in his career — ‘I just rested on my legacy and last name’ 0
- With nothing left to do but win, Dale Earnhardt Jr. faces Talladega with optimism 0