Feb 7, 2014, 12:45 PM EST
Most of the pieces are in place for the field for this year’s Daytona 500. An unofficial list of those confirmed to compete in the race are below, with a handful of other notes to follow. We’ll break it down by manufacturer:
- Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates: 1-Jamie McMurray, 42-Kyle Larson (R)
- Richard Childress Racing: 3-Austin Dillon (R), 27-Paul Menard, 31-Ryan Newman, 33-Brian Scott
- Stewart-Haas Racing: 4-Kevin Harvick, 10-Danica Patrick, 14-Tony Stewart, 41-Kurt Busch
- Hendrick Motorsports: 5-Kasey Kahne, 24-Jeff Gordon, 48-Jimmie Johnson, 88-Dale Earnhardt Jr.
- Tommy Baldwin Racing: 7-Michael Annett (R), 36-Reed Sorenson
- Germain Racing: 13-Casey Mears
- JTG Daugherty Racing: 47-AJ Allmendinger
- HScott Motorsports: 51-Justin Allgaier (R), 52-Bobby Labonte
- Furniture Row Racing: 78-Martin Truex Jr.
- Phil Parsons Racing: 98-Josh Wise
- Team Penske: 2-Brad Keselowski, 22-Joey Logano
- Richard Petty Motorsports: 9-Marcos Ambrose, 43-Aric Almirola
- Roush Fenway Racing: 16-Greg Biffle, 17-Ricky Stenhouse Jr., 99-Carl Edwards
- Wood Brothers: 21-Trevor Bayne
- Go Fas Racing: 32-Terry Labonte
- Front Row Motorsports: 34-David Ragan, 35-Eric McClure, 38-David Gilliland
- Randy Humphrey Racing: 77-Dave Blaney
- Brian Keselowski Motorsports: 92-Brian Keselowski
- Leavine Family Racing: 95-Michael McDowell
- Joe Gibbs Racing: 11-Denny Hamlin, 18-Kyle Busch, 20-Matt Kenseth
- Michael Waltrip Racing: 15-Clint Bowyer, 55-Brian Vickers, 66-Michael Waltrip*, 87-Joe Nemechek*
- BK Racing: 23-Alex Bowman (R), 83-Ryan Truex (R), 93-Morgan Shepherd**
- Swan Racing: 26-Cole Whitt (R), 30-Parker Kligerman (R)
*Denotes that Waltrip and Nemechek will be sharing No. 66 in MWR/Jay Robinson Racing partnership for the remainder of the season. Nemechek is expected to qualify for the Daytona 500 in his own No. 87 Toyota.
**Shepherd’s No. 93 is from BK Racing, but not run by the team.
There are at least two other cars that could be added to the above entries. Landon Cassill, who has been reported to return with Circle Sport Racing, would have to qualify in the team’s No. 40 Chevrolet with Brian Scott of RCR using No. 33 for the 500. Meanwhlile J.J. Yeley wrote on his Facebook page he has a confirmed Cup ride, but said details would need to wait.
We’re looking at roughly between 48 to 51 cars attempting to qualify for the 43 spots in this year’s Daytona 500. The official entry list should be out late next week, as Daytona Speedweeks begins.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 0
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 30
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0