Feb 7, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
Most of the pieces are in place for the field for this year’s Daytona 500. An unofficial list of those confirmed to compete in the race are below, with a handful of other notes to follow. We’ll break it down by manufacturer:
- Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates: 1-Jamie McMurray, 42-Kyle Larson (R)
- Richard Childress Racing: 3-Austin Dillon (R), 27-Paul Menard, 31-Ryan Newman, 33-Brian Scott
- Stewart-Haas Racing: 4-Kevin Harvick, 10-Danica Patrick, 14-Tony Stewart, 41-Kurt Busch
- Hendrick Motorsports: 5-Kasey Kahne, 24-Jeff Gordon, 48-Jimmie Johnson, 88-Dale Earnhardt Jr.
- Tommy Baldwin Racing: 7-Michael Annett (R), 36-Reed Sorenson
- Germain Racing: 13-Casey Mears
- JTG Daugherty Racing: 47-AJ Allmendinger
- HScott Motorsports: 51-Justin Allgaier (R), 52-Bobby Labonte
- Furniture Row Racing: 78-Martin Truex Jr.
- Phil Parsons Racing: 98-Josh Wise
- Team Penske: 2-Brad Keselowski, 22-Joey Logano
- Richard Petty Motorsports: 9-Marcos Ambrose, 43-Aric Almirola
- Roush Fenway Racing: 16-Greg Biffle, 17-Ricky Stenhouse Jr., 99-Carl Edwards
- Wood Brothers: 21-Trevor Bayne
- Go Fas Racing: 32-Terry Labonte
- Front Row Motorsports: 34-David Ragan, 35-Eric McClure, 38-David Gilliland
- Randy Humphrey Racing: 77-Dave Blaney
- Brian Keselowski Motorsports: 92-Brian Keselowski
- Leavine Family Racing: 95-Michael McDowell
- Joe Gibbs Racing: 11-Denny Hamlin, 18-Kyle Busch, 20-Matt Kenseth
- Michael Waltrip Racing: 15-Clint Bowyer, 55-Brian Vickers, 66-Michael Waltrip*, 87-Joe Nemechek*
- BK Racing: 23-Alex Bowman (R), 83-Ryan Truex (R), 93-Morgan Shepherd**
- Swan Racing: 26-Cole Whitt (R), 30-Parker Kligerman (R)
*Denotes that Waltrip and Nemechek will be sharing No. 66 in MWR/Jay Robinson Racing partnership for the remainder of the season. Nemechek is expected to qualify for the Daytona 500 in his own No. 87 Toyota.
**Shepherd’s No. 93 is from BK Racing, but not run by the team.
There are at least two other cars that could be added to the above entries. Landon Cassill, who has been reported to return with Circle Sport Racing, would have to qualify in the team’s No. 40 Chevrolet with Brian Scott of RCR using No. 33 for the 500. Meanwhlile J.J. Yeley wrote on his Facebook page he has a confirmed Cup ride, but said details would need to wait.
We’re looking at roughly between 48 to 51 cars attempting to qualify for the 43 spots in this year’s Daytona 500. The official entry list should be out late next week, as Daytona Speedweeks begins.
Mar 26, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
Finnish driver believes that the team has made a big step forward over the winter.
Mar 26, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
A quick look through the runners in Indy Lights, Pro Mazda and USF2000 for 2015.
Mar 26, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
Difficulties faced by a number of teams give Sauber an early chance to rack up some points.
Mar 26, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
“I find it quite funny and interesting that the opinion is coming from individuals who have had so much success.”
Mar 26, 2015, 2:40 PM EDT
He’s finally the champion, but Will Power enters 2015 still with more to prove.
Mar 26, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
NBCSN’s Will Buxton brings you the latest insight and interviews ahead of the Malaysian Grand Prix.
Mar 26, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Spaniard rejects claim that he thought he was in 1995 following his accident in pre-season.
Mar 26, 2015, 12:09 PM EDT
Two-time NHRA Funny Car champion Cruz Pedregon and NASCAR Sprint Cup driver Joey Logano spent an afternoon in each other’s respective worlds — and cars — on Wednesday.
Mar 26, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Luke Smith and Tony DiZinno give their verdict on this weekend’s Malaysian GP as Fernando returns, Manor hopes to fire up, and Red Bull prepares to declare war on Renault.
Mar 26, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
Formula 1 heads to Malaysia for the second round of the 2015 season, but will Lewis Hamilton be able to double up and maintain his winning streak?
Mar 26, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
Coyne heads into the season with two lesser experienced drivers, but looks to play spoiler.
Mar 26, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
IndyCar has a wave of younger talent in the series, who need to start winning sooner rather than later.
Mar 26, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Both drivers failed to race in Australia due to injury, but will return this weekend.
Mar 26, 2015, 6:38 AM EDT
Ex-Force India and Sauber man moves to Williams for 2015.
Mar 25, 2015, 5:40 PM EDT
Fernando Alonso will start his 2015 F1 season in the Malaysian Grand Prix.
Mar 25, 2015, 3:57 PM EDT
After both of its cars failed to finish a lap in the season opener, Lotus looks toward the Malaysian Grand Prix.
Mar 25, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
Your Malaysian GP TV times for this weekend on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra.
Mar 25, 2015, 2:15 PM EDT
Daniil Kyvat putting Melbourne mishap behind him going into Malaysia Grand Prix.
Mar 25, 2015, 12:07 PM EDT
Watch the new TV commercial for IndyCar’s 2015 season.
Mar 25, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
Rookie driver, single-car team, and still high hopes for Bryan Herta Autosport in 2015.
- Now IndyCar’s champion, Will Power’s mindset hasn’t changed heading into 2015 0
- Alonso moves to clear up testing crash conspiracy theories 1
- NHRA Funny Car driver Cruz Pedregon trades seats for a day with NASCAR counterpart Joey Logano 2
- Can IndyCar’s next generation take it to the established veterans? 1
- Fernando Alonso talks return in Malaysian GP 2
- Nowhere to go but up for Lotus at Malaysia GP 3
- Malaysian Grand Prix highlights NBCSN’s weekend of motors coverage 0