Feb 8, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Following the controversy and overturning of the GTD class result at this year’s Rolex 24 at Daytona, results and points following the event have been finalized.
There was some talk in the days after the race that there could be further adjustments, and a quote from Audi hinted at the possibility.
“It is unfortunate that the events after the race cast a shadow on a really great race in the Daytona GT class. Probably this race deserves two winners,” Romolo Liebchen, Head of Audi Sport customer racing, said in a statement.
Still, nothing was changed after IMSA’s decision to rescind the penalty issued to Level 5 Motorsports and reinstall them as class winners of the race.
The points updates of notes include those with just 1 point scored, because drivers were not able to complete the minimum drive time requirement in the race. There are several drivers in that situation in the P and GTLM sides, and more in the pro-am PC and GTD classes because there was a greater minimum drive time amount needed.
Here’s a link to the official standings, via IMSA’s website.
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 0
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 1
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 2
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 1