Feb 8, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Following the controversy and overturning of the GTD class result at this year’s Rolex 24 at Daytona, results and points following the event have been finalized.
There was some talk in the days after the race that there could be further adjustments, and a quote from Audi hinted at the possibility.
“It is unfortunate that the events after the race cast a shadow on a really great race in the Daytona GT class. Probably this race deserves two winners,” Romolo Liebchen, Head of Audi Sport customer racing, said in a statement.
Still, nothing was changed after IMSA’s decision to rescind the penalty issued to Level 5 Motorsports and reinstall them as class winners of the race.
The points updates of notes include those with just 1 point scored, because drivers were not able to complete the minimum drive time requirement in the race. There are several drivers in that situation in the P and GTLM sides, and more in the pro-am PC and GTD classes because there was a greater minimum drive time amount needed.
Here’s a link to the official standings, via IMSA’s website.
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach and Barber debrief 0
- NHRA: Capps storms to 2nd win of season, Funny Car points lead 1
- Relief, gratitude define the day where Newgarden finally gets first win (VIDEO) 1
- Graham Rahal can’t close deal in runner-up finish at Barber 2
- Josef Newgarden scores his first IndyCar win at Barber 12
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Barber (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0