Feb 8, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Following the controversy and overturning of the GTD class result at this year’s Rolex 24 at Daytona, results and points following the event have been finalized.
There was some talk in the days after the race that there could be further adjustments, and a quote from Audi hinted at the possibility.
“It is unfortunate that the events after the race cast a shadow on a really great race in the Daytona GT class. Probably this race deserves two winners,” Romolo Liebchen, Head of Audi Sport customer racing, said in a statement.
Still, nothing was changed after IMSA’s decision to rescind the penalty issued to Level 5 Motorsports and reinstall them as class winners of the race.
The points updates of notes include those with just 1 point scored, because drivers were not able to complete the minimum drive time requirement in the race. There are several drivers in that situation in the P and GTLM sides, and more in the pro-am PC and GTD classes because there was a greater minimum drive time amount needed.
Here’s a link to the official standings, via IMSA’s website.
Video from NASCAR America
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 1
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 1
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 3
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2
- VIDEO: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show, talks about F1 in the U.S. 2