Feb 8, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Following the controversy and overturning of the GTD class result at this year’s Rolex 24 at Daytona, results and points following the event have been finalized.
There was some talk in the days after the race that there could be further adjustments, and a quote from Audi hinted at the possibility.
“It is unfortunate that the events after the race cast a shadow on a really great race in the Daytona GT class. Probably this race deserves two winners,” Romolo Liebchen, Head of Audi Sport customer racing, said in a statement.
Still, nothing was changed after IMSA’s decision to rescind the penalty issued to Level 5 Motorsports and reinstall them as class winners of the race.
The points updates of notes include those with just 1 point scored, because drivers were not able to complete the minimum drive time requirement in the race. There are several drivers in that situation in the P and GTLM sides, and more in the pro-am PC and GTD classes because there was a greater minimum drive time amount needed.
Here’s a link to the official standings, via IMSA’s website.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 15
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 6
- Open letter from Kevin Ward Jr.’s aunt questions Tony Stewart, evidence of marijuana in nephew’s system 52