Feb 8, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
Red Bull Volkswagen Motorsport is two-for-two in the 2014 FIA World Rally Championship season, as Jari-Matti Latvala has taken the Rally Sweden victory on Saturday. Teammate Sebastien Ogier won the Rally Monte Carlo opener last month.
Latvala took the win over VW’s third driver Andreas Mikkelsen by 53.6 seconds. Mikkelsen threatened the lead but made a mistake in a snowbank on Saturday morning.
Mads Ostberg led the Citroen contingent in third place, ahead of a pair of Fords driven by Mikko Hirvonen and Ott Tanak.
Of note, Ogier finished sixth and Robert Kubica failed to score once again.
The win is Latvala’s third at Sweden and moves him into the championship standings lead; he finished fifth in Monte Carlo.
- Here are your TV times for this weekend’s Italian Grand Prix on NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- James Hinchcliffe describes how inspired he was by Justin Wilson 1
- Dixon: “I don’t think anybody had a stellar season” 5
- Watkins Glen, Baltimore stand out for Stefan Wilson’s favorite race memories of brother Justin 1
- Report: Derrick Walker reflects on IndyCar tenure and future 1
- Scott Dixon awarded $1 million for fourth championship at IndyCar banquet 1
- Hulkenberg extends contract with Force India for two more years 1