Feb 8, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
Red Bull Volkswagen Motorsport is two-for-two in the 2014 FIA World Rally Championship season, as Jari-Matti Latvala has taken the Rally Sweden victory on Saturday. Teammate Sebastien Ogier won the Rally Monte Carlo opener last month.
Latvala took the win over VW’s third driver Andreas Mikkelsen by 53.6 seconds. Mikkelsen threatened the lead but made a mistake in a snowbank on Saturday morning.
Mads Ostberg led the Citroen contingent in third place, ahead of a pair of Fords driven by Mikko Hirvonen and Ott Tanak.
Of note, Ogier finished sixth and Robert Kubica failed to score once again.
The win is Latvala’s third at Sweden and moves him into the championship standings lead; he finished fifth in Monte Carlo.
- Castroneves secures pole in IndyCar qualifying at Long Beach 0
- Hamilton eases to fourth straight pole position in Bahrain 0
- Hamilton closes out Bahrain GP practice on top 0
- INDYCAR confirms more aero kit updates coming to Long Beach 1
- Rocky Moran Jr. to replace Huertas in Coyne’s No. 18 for Long Beach 7
- Rosberg heads up Mercedes one-two in Bahrain FP2 1
- Kimi Raikkonen quickest in first practice for Bahrain GP 2