Feb 9, 2014, 12:29 PM EDT
Granted, some teams in Formula One may be feeling the pinch economically, but Lotus drivers Romain Grosjean and Pastor Maldonado have taken things to a whole new level.
Instead of a fancy motor coach and massive transport vehicle, Grosjean hooks up Maldonado’s Airstream trailer to the back of his Lotus Renault – yes, you read that right, a sleek Airstream trailer hooked to the back of an even sleeker F1 car – and proceeds to pull the rolling aluminum tin can from the team’s garage, through the English countryside, and on to the Lotus F1 team headquarters.
Okay, things aren’t THAT bad.
Actually, the incident above is part of a fun new video called “Back to School” that Lotus has produced to pump up the excitement of its fans – and yes, its drivers, as well – for the new 2014 F1 season that starts just over a month from now in Australia.
The video is actually pretty funny (especially check out when Maldonado winds up on the floor of the trailer).
Take a look at it below:
Video from NASCAR America
- What might happen to Tony Stewart when District Attorney’s review of Kevin Ward Jr. case is completed? 0
- Jeff Gordon makes strong ‘Drive For Five’ start, also has high praise for Kyle Larson in Chase opener 2
- Keselowski surges between Harvick, Larson to win Chase opener at Chicagoland 0
- For 16 Sprint Cup drivers, the time is here: ready, set, Chase 0
- Kyle Busch starts Truck race ticked-off, only to end up in victory lane at Chicagoland 1
- Joey Logano: ‘We’re ready’ to win Sprint Cup championship 1
- Kyle Busch ready to claim his ‘second’ Sprint Cup championship 2