Feb 9, 2014, 12:29 PM EDT
Granted, some teams in Formula One may be feeling the pinch economically, but Lotus drivers Romain Grosjean and Pastor Maldonado have taken things to a whole new level.
Instead of a fancy motor coach and massive transport vehicle, Grosjean hooks up Maldonado’s Airstream trailer to the back of his Lotus Renault – yes, you read that right, a sleek Airstream trailer hooked to the back of an even sleeker F1 car – and proceeds to pull the rolling aluminum tin can from the team’s garage, through the English countryside, and on to the Lotus F1 team headquarters.
Okay, things aren’t THAT bad.
Actually, the incident above is part of a fun new video called “Back to School” that Lotus has produced to pump up the excitement of its fans – and yes, its drivers, as well – for the new 2014 F1 season that starts just over a month from now in Australia.
The video is actually pretty funny (especially check out when Maldonado winds up on the floor of the trailer).
Take a look at it below:
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Former FIA prez Max Mosley rubbishes F1′s ongoing noise saga (6)