Feb 10, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
A race recap of the Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour race this weekend could be done with words, or, it could be done with video.
We’re choosing the latter on this occasion.
The first clip is a great scrap between Bernd Schneider in an Erebus Motorsport Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 and Shane van Gisbergen in a Darrell Lea-run McLaren MP4-12C. The commentary is provided via Radio Le Mans’ John Hindhaugh, occasionally known as “Hindy,” and veteran Australian announcer Richard Craill, better known as “Craillsy.”
The second clip is the final laps of the race, as another Mercedes, this time the HTP-run effort driven by Maximilian Buhk battled intensely with Australian V8 Supercars legend Craig Lowndes (pictured right) in the Maranello Motorsport Ferrari 458 GT3.
The Ferrari won, in the hands of Lowndes, Mika Salo, John Bowe and Peter Edwards. How they won, we’ll go to the tape.
- Graham Rahal’s Fontana win was long overdue, and a long time coming 0
- Report: Roger Penske intends to keep his ‘four aces’ in IndyCar 0
- Mario Andretti gets Jay Leno up to speed — and then some 1
- NHRA: Antron Brown looks to make Top Fuel fireworks this weekend 1
- MAVTV 500: Despite being nerve-racking to crazy, drivers glad safety won out 2
- WATCH: IndyCar’s frantic, thrilling MAVTV 500 to re-air at midnight ET on NBCSN 6
- Nelson Piquet Jr crowned first ever FIA Formula E champion in thrilling London finale 1