Feb 10, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
A race recap of the Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour race this weekend could be done with words, or, it could be done with video.
We’re choosing the latter on this occasion.
The first clip is a great scrap between Bernd Schneider in an Erebus Motorsport Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 and Shane van Gisbergen in a Darrell Lea-run McLaren MP4-12C. The commentary is provided via Radio Le Mans’ John Hindhaugh, occasionally known as “Hindy,” and veteran Australian announcer Richard Craill, better known as “Craillsy.”
The second clip is the final laps of the race, as another Mercedes, this time the HTP-run effort driven by Maximilian Buhk battled intensely with Australian V8 Supercars legend Craig Lowndes (pictured right) in the Maranello Motorsport Ferrari 458 GT3.
The Ferrari won, in the hands of Lowndes, Mika Salo, John Bowe and Peter Edwards. How they won, we’ll go to the tape.
Video from NASCAR America
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1
- Sprint to end title sponsorship of NASCAR’s Cup Series after 2016 (VIDEO) 17
- NBC SportsWorld: The vision of blind NHRA crew chief Jay Blake 1
- Rutledge Wood joins NBC Sports Group’s NASCAR and motors coverage 5
- NASCAR expands Sprint Unlimited field to include Chase drivers 3
- Health issues to sideline Brian Vickers for early part of 2015 Sprint Cup season 5
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 16 — Kyle Larson, super-rookie 1