Feb 10, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
A race recap of the Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour race this weekend could be done with words, or, it could be done with video.
We’re choosing the latter on this occasion.
The first clip is a great scrap between Bernd Schneider in an Erebus Motorsport Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 and Shane van Gisbergen in a Darrell Lea-run McLaren MP4-12C. The commentary is provided via Radio Le Mans’ John Hindhaugh, occasionally known as “Hindy,” and veteran Australian announcer Richard Craill, better known as “Craillsy.”
The second clip is the final laps of the race, as another Mercedes, this time the HTP-run effort driven by Maximilian Buhk battled intensely with Australian V8 Supercars legend Craig Lowndes (pictured right) in the Maranello Motorsport Ferrari 458 GT3.
The Ferrari won, in the hands of Lowndes, Mika Salo, John Bowe and Peter Edwards. How they won, we’ll go to the tape.
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- Busch news kicks off what may be a busy Tuesday for IndyCar (5)