Feb 10, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
A race recap of the Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour race this weekend could be done with words, or, it could be done with video.
We’re choosing the latter on this occasion.
The first clip is a great scrap between Bernd Schneider in an Erebus Motorsport Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 and Shane van Gisbergen in a Darrell Lea-run McLaren MP4-12C. The commentary is provided via Radio Le Mans’ John Hindhaugh, occasionally known as “Hindy,” and veteran Australian announcer Richard Craill, better known as “Craillsy.”
The second clip is the final laps of the race, as another Mercedes, this time the HTP-run effort driven by Maximilian Buhk battled intensely with Australian V8 Supercars legend Craig Lowndes (pictured right) in the Maranello Motorsport Ferrari 458 GT3.
The Ferrari won, in the hands of Lowndes, Mika Salo, John Bowe and Peter Edwards. How they won, we’ll go to the tape.
- Vettel suspects Mercedes of sandbagging during practice 1
- Mattiacci determined to turn around Ferrari’s failing season 4
- Hamilton recovers in FP2 to edge out Alonso and Rosberg 0
- Alonso fastest in first practice for Chinese GP 1
- Flashback to when a 67-second pit stop at the Indy 500 was fast vs. a modern-day F1 stop (video) 4
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Former FIA prez Max Mosley rubbishes F1′s ongoing noise saga (6)