Feb 10, 2014, 9:47 AM EST
County music superstar Jason Aldean will come to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for an inaugural concert on Legends Day, May 24, the Saturday before this year’s Indianapolis 500.
“Firestone Presents Jason Aldean at the Indy 500,” will occur at the new Turn 4 infield stage at IMS.
Aldean has tallied 12 No. 1 singles at Country Radio and has sold over 8.5 million albums to date, with his current album “Night Train” scoring the biggest debut by a male artist in five years, earning platinum certification in only four weeks.
“Over the last several years we have continued to add reasons for our fans to visit the Indianapolis Motor Speedway the day before the Indianapolis 500 to celebrate our current drivers and the legends of the race as part of Legends Day,” J. Douglas Boles, IMS president, said in a release. “Adding a concert featuring an outstanding entertainer like Jason Aldean is a fantastic way for fans to cap off a day of honoring our current and past drivers and get geared up for ‘The Greatest Spectacle in Racing’ that will take place the next day.”
Current ticket-holders to any 2014 IMS events are eligible to receive discounted general admission tickets for $25 or a VIP ticket for $40. Advance general admission tickets are $30, and day of show tickets are $35. VIP tickets are available for $50 in advance and $60 day of show. More info is available at the IMS website, http://www.ims.com.
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 1
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 0
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 2
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3