Feb 10, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Verizon Wireless has confirmed it will serve as primary sponsor Juan Pablo Montoya for eight IndyCar races, which marks the first bit of primary sponsor news for the Colombian in his return to the series.
Verizon will continue for a full year on Will Power’s No. 12 Chevrolet; additionally, the wireless giant will serve as primary sponsor for all three Team Penske cars (Montoya, Power, Helio Castroneves) at the inaugural Grand Prix of Indianapolis on May 10.
“Verizon has been a terrific partner for Team Penske and we are excited to continue to grow our relationship with them in 2014 and beyond,” team boss Roger Penske said in a release. “Verizon’s technology and marketing activation has meant so much to Team Penske and the sport of IndyCar racing and we look forward to building on this special partnership in the future.”
The remaining 10 races on Montoya’s car are still to be determined. Verizon first partnered with Penske in 2009, with Power’s then-part-time third car and also with the team’s GRAND-AM Rolex Series’ Porsche Riley Daytona Prototype.
Here’s the car, via @PaddockInsider.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 0
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 30
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0