Feb 10, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Verizon Wireless has confirmed it will serve as primary sponsor Juan Pablo Montoya for eight IndyCar races, which marks the first bit of primary sponsor news for the Colombian in his return to the series.
Verizon will continue for a full year on Will Power’s No. 12 Chevrolet; additionally, the wireless giant will serve as primary sponsor for all three Team Penske cars (Montoya, Power, Helio Castroneves) at the inaugural Grand Prix of Indianapolis on May 10.
“Verizon has been a terrific partner for Team Penske and we are excited to continue to grow our relationship with them in 2014 and beyond,” team boss Roger Penske said in a release. “Verizon’s technology and marketing activation has meant so much to Team Penske and the sport of IndyCar racing and we look forward to building on this special partnership in the future.”
The remaining 10 races on Montoya’s car are still to be determined. Verizon first partnered with Penske in 2009, with Power’s then-part-time third car and also with the team’s GRAND-AM Rolex Series’ Porsche Riley Daytona Prototype.
Here’s the car, via @PaddockInsider.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR schedule reveals some potential 2015 IndyCar schedule hints; Texas IndyCar returns 2
- Kevin Harvick riled at Tony Stewart portrayal in Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy 87
- Like a good stew, 2015 Sprint Cup schedule and new Chase format need time to simmer for best taste 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: How did the 2015 schedule come together? (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR announces 2015 Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and Truck Series schedules (VIDEO) 4
- FIA won’t punish Nico Rosberg after Belgian GP incident with Lewis Hamilton 14
- Will Power once again in position for IndyCar title – but this time feels different 1